Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

leather pouch

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, was wondering if there is the "one" book that someone should start their metal detecting library with. I also have seen that some THr's wear a really cool leather tool pouch. Any idea where I might be able to find one these. Thanks in advance.

Hi Perez,
I strongly recommend the book,"Taking a Closer Look at Metal Detector Discrimination, "by Robert C. Brockett. It helped make sense how a detector works and the ranges of the VDI's we see on the MXT. It also emphasized what falls in each range. Some interesting stories about the authors adventures as well. Not bad for around $9.00. Most metal detector sites have a book section of which this should be listed. This book was written when detectorist worked from needle readings but the data is ageless.
Also regarding pouches. You can purchase a carpenter's framing pouch, which is made out of soft leather, from Home Depot or Lowes for about $9.00. It has two large pouches and 4 small tool holders, 2 on each side, for screw drivers, etc.
I use the larger inner pouch for my finds since it is deep. I use the smaller outer pouch for trash. You can take a long narrow screw driver and force an opening at the bottom on the 4 smaller tool holders to allow the tool you use to hang through. I carry two screw drivers as well. One honed down like an ice pick and the other is a heavier wider screw driver for when I hunt in rock parking lots. Great for breaking a few rocks lose.
Or you can purchase a pouch specifically for metal detacting for about $40. Your choice.
HH
Johnny B

I think the book " Detectorist" by Robert Sickler is the best book out there about detecting for beginners and experienced hands alike. Should be required reading for everyone getting into this hobby.