Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend 1.11 update and now it won't

m880

Bought a new Legend about 14 months ago but had a covid 19 vaccine stroke and never used it. I did the 1.09 update not long after I bought it and it was a o.k.
I did the 1.11 update yesterday and now I can't adjust the tone break,maybe more because have not tried to go any further. Anyone had this problem,will I have to send it back to the factory?
I still have not been outside with it but my walking has improved a lot and I want to start hunting again. Thanks Wayne

Make sure you reset after update. Also make sure you aren" t
trying to change tone break in 60 tone.
In 6 tones and did a {FD} I guess thats a reset? Oh I did the update probably 7-8 times

Last edited:
Glad you are feeling well and want to detect again. Stroke COVID or otherwise, is as JB says “ not a joke”

I had a couple of odd issues with the 1.11 up date also, so on my last install the first thing I did was delete any previous updates as well as the update tool from my computer, then turned off my firewalls restarted my computer then went to the nokta website and re- downloaded the update and tool I immediately followed the instructions, and again downloaded the update, once updated I did the factory reset, of course once finished remember to turn your firewall back on, have been out with the machine a couple of times since and it seems to be working as it should at this point.

I’m to the point where I’m going to start waiting for the next version f operating system comes out before I download the one before it…In other words, wait a long time and let everything flush out….I recently waited and downloaded ios 16 on my ipad…It now runs slow, and misses at least 2 letters in a sentence…I think with Apple they’re trying to sell you a new ipad….It seems like everything that I’ve downloaded in the last 10 yrs or so is basically beta from a lot of companies….There are a few companies that folks make jokes about when waiting for a program to come to fruition…..These companies refuse to send 1/2 baked software out on the street….These are the companies whom I will buy from without any reservations as soon as their product hits th streets !…There is no worse a practice that a company can have than sending out software that just plain frustrates people…It’s an easy way to lose your client base…

Ok after probally 25 tries and several times deleting the download on my computer and downloading about 4-5 times I finally got it. The Nokta site that I had used to do the 1.09 and the 1.11 was giving me a 25.? meg download everytime. Well while do another search for Nokta Legend 1.11 update I come across a Nokta website that looked entirely differnt than the one I was getting the 25,? meg download from. This one did not do a quick zip file,it was a old fashion takes 20 minutes to download and it is 50 some odd meg download.
It worked. :) Thanks for all the help,,wayne
/www.noktadetectors.com/the-legend-software-update/

25 tries?? You have more patients than I.
I would have packaged and mailed it right back to the dealer for a full refund.

The massive tries were over a couple of weeks. Yea I had it several months but could not use because l4 l5 spinal fussion surgery that was semi successful and followed witha post covid-19 vaccine booster stroke that got my left leg so I couldn't send it back,to much trouble all this download update stuff.
Just hope all the effort was woth it.
Are the machines proving there worth?

Wow! Sorry to hear. I hope you are feeling better and on the mend. I do not own a Legend and have never used one. However from what I been reading here on this and other forums, 4khz is a beast on hitting high conductors. I wish you the best in recovery and in the field.