Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend External Battery Pack

CoinRobber

I have fitted the external rechargeable battery pack to my legend , it adds some nice counter weight to the rear of the detector.
I have just 1 question though , is it safe to keep the external battery pack connected to the detector when the machine is
NOT in use or should i disconnect it.

The battery pack acts as your battery same as the internal one. Unless the detector is on and draining charge its not doing anything. Just like any other litho battery in your cell phone or detector if its off nothing is happening but even after a long period of being off especially in extreme temps best to fully charge it before use as it will lose a small charge over time.
If you want to be absolutely certain and peace of mind just unplug it from the detector and plug it back in when you use it. No need to remove the whole battery pack.
I don’t necessarily ever shut my cell phone off but notice on a laptop even off will drain the battery slightly over time, and even power banks which is exactly what the battery pack is.
There is nothing you can do about that outside of keeping charger plugged in constantly and no harm being done