Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's see who is paying attention. 1943 Copper Cent

I a thr

1943 Copper!!!!
Let me first say that I never look at dates on Memorial Cents and throw all my Wheaties in baggies for future,(Winter Work). Well my son, who love detecting, but can't seem to find the time, was going through my Wheaties and found this. I was ecstatic!!!! went directly on line to get information on it. I mean my heart was pumping out load. After reading about the 1943 Copper and how much they are worth, the article also said to beware of fakes. Apparently someone actually took the time to copper plate some of the old steel cents. I didn't want to believe that but, got out the magnet to check it. Guess what? The magnet sticks and I was sick. These types of ups and downs are hard on an old guy like me. Some time I'll write the story about the day that my brother Digger was telling me about an Indian Head Penny with a mint mark on it and within an hour I dug one.
HH
Bill

Hi I a thr,

Sorry the magnet stuck. I would still keep it handy as a good conversation piece.

Actually a great find.

Hunt4Fun

I dug about 8 'Wheaties' out of one hole at an old school. But the last signal made the detector null when in all metal/pin point. So I dug out the area where the signal was coming and found a small disc, slightly larger than a penny and easily twice as thick. So I figured it was a steel penny. And that's about the only condition under which you will dig one-because after I finished pounding the 'rust cocoon' off of it with a hammer, I had the remains of something smaller than a dime and paper thin, and no clue that it was ever a coin.