Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LISTENING TO WHAT THE INFINIUM HAS TO SAY

Cupajo

I had my LS out a few days ago at high tide. I wanted to work the cut close to the beach and it's been too hot to go at low tide!!!. The water was a little too deep for waders, but we don't generally have much wave action and there is no rip current at all. Except for watching my step to keep dry it was a typical hunt.

I've been studying the signals carefully to decipher the messages the LS is giving me and this is what I learned. At high tide, with the beach on my right, I would hear a long hi/lo signal as the coil went from shallower to deeper water. The signal would end as the coil got directly in front of me and the rest of the swing to the left would be free of anything but threshold tone.

This was fairly regular and I made no effort to tune this response out as I recognized it as non-target. If I got any other signal I swept the coil over again looking for a repeat signal. There was no mistaking the target signal when it came!!!

There were some fairly strong hi/lo signals that only sounded when I swung the coil from either right to left or perhaps from left to right. When this happened and the signal repeated in the same way in the same place I dug up a few pennies and or bits of brass. It would seem that they lay in a way that allowed the LS to only detect them from that one direction.

There were some hi/lo signals that occurred that would not repeat and yet there was a distinct reaction in the background threshold tone corresponding to that signal. I haven't had the energy to dig those signals, but they do peak my interest!! Sometimes they are brief and distinct and other times a brief broken chirp.

Anyone have any observations to help fill in the gaps?? I would really like to hear from you!!!

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

When in doubt dig it out. I've found that those type of signals are worth the digging effort. You get the same thing on the goldfields and it's amazing of them turn out to be a good target on the edge of the LS's depth limit. If you can dig them then please do and post the Pic's. HH regards Nugget.:detecting: