Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lithium batteries

Here's a post and warning on these batteries. The last few posts say the electronics in the batteries can cause interference with some detectors.
That makes sense that they would use a switching power supply for less power lose compared to a voltage regulator . But you would get noise from one compared to a voltage regulator .Still a person could go with 3 18650 3000mah batteries and if charged separate would not need a bms .
3x 4.2v x 3000mahs =37.8 watts Alkaline 8x 1 1/2v x 3000mahs = 36watts same power would last just as long but could recharge 500 times .

If you buy lithium batteries buy Samsung LG made in Korea or Sony Panasonic made in japan stay away from other brands .
The leaders only can put 3500 mahs in a 18650 But china trust fires on fleabay claim 12000 mahs lol and when capacity tested there only 700 mahs.
Makes me wonder why the leaders in lithium batteries have not made 1 1/2 v batteries . sube

Let the rambling begin,,,, I've got too much time I guess.

I've got ot some Amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Considered buying a 6 inch coil for the Nox, but have pretty much talked myself of that. Then started looking at buying a new pinpointer as my ProFind black Garrett are getting kinda old. I just recently heard of the new Nokta Accupoint and looked it up. Wow that thing is fancy! But it does waaaayyy more than I need/want. I did get excited at the thought that now maybe other makers will come out with a rechargable pinpointer. So I think I'll wait for Minelab to come out with a rechargable ProFind.

Which lead me down the path of rechargable 9v and AA lithium batteries. I still have my T2 and MXT that take AA's and the Compadre and other tools I have take 9v. This would be a perfect time to use gift cards and invest in some I suppose.

Is anyone else using rechargable li-on in detectors? I know manufacturers are putting them in new units, but what about rechargable singles that we can buy. Getting good performance?

Thanks in advance.
there are other rechargeable pointers XP Nokta too