Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little Spoon Barrette

pplinker

Hey everyone, Happy New Year! I braved the 30 degree temps today and went back to an old falling down house in the woods. Wore myself out because i was chainsawing brush to clear some space. I've been to this place in the past and never ever found a coin. I thought maybe today would be the day, but no coins or much of anything. However, this little spoon is interesting. Seems to be made of copper or brass. Googled it and found it is 40's era. Thanks for looking.

Penny

P.S. I'm not new, just been missing a few years. Got the detector out a few days ago and starting to get back into it.

From my experience houses or farms that are far away from any town have nearly no coins to be found. Houses/farms close to a town have much more coins. Jabbo

Really? That's interesting, maybe that's the thing, these people were dairy farmers during the 40's. Guess they kept a tight hold on their money. Thanks, that's a good thing to know,

Penny

yeah, i thought the same thing, if a guys gonna work all day in the field, why have money in his pocket he could only loose out there, CO

Some areas around old farms where trees were cut down many years ago will not have any coins to be found and some areas where trees were cut down many years ago will have lost coins, flat buttons, and other small metal stuff. The difference? Some areas were cut down for fire wood only and never became crop fields. The areas that became crop fields is where coins can be found. Today it is hard to tell which area was for fire wood only and which area became the crop field. I spent many hours searching the wrong field many times. If you are not finding metal stuff then most likely the area was cut down for fire wood and crops were never plated there. Jabbo

Well, Penny.

That there spoon is a 'girl drop'!....Theres not a whole lot of guys from the 40's that wore barrettes...So I say you are on to something here...just like finding a bobby pin on the beach, time to tighten up and focus on small gold signals in this location...just a quick read of your local Craigslist 'Lost and Found' tells us that in general girls lose gold more often than guys do, and have specific travel patterns.....anyway, we track girls for gold/jewelry...if it was a shotgun shell, or an old knife, no big deal, 'guy drop' dead end...have another look at that lot, its general layout, where you found the spoon and think like a girl....what were her primary 'travel' lanes on that property? Most likely pretty close to the house/outhouse/barn/well/clothesline/garden and down the driveway? :shrug: Nice and interesting find!:clapping:
Mud