Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Long time no see LC, found my oldest US coin yesterday

Chris(SoCenWI)

Hey everyone,

Just checked my records, I haven't found a large cent since 2009; hardly seems possible. Too much time up in Minnesota I think, or perhaps screwed up my record keeping.

Yesterday was a beautiful day, went for a long bike ride and then headed out detecting. Went back to an old house site that I hadn't detected for several years. About the first hit was a classic silver screamer, cursor locked way upper right and did not want to move. Almost too good to be true. And up comes a big disk. I trundled back to my car to dig up a pair of reading glasses and was surprised to see an 1828 date. Beats my second oldest LC by a year, and this one doesn't have a hole through it. Abraham Lincoln was still a teenager when this coin was minted.

Needless to say this percolated my enthusiasm some, but was only able to snag a roosie and a couple of wheats the rest of the day.

[attachment 288112 2014_04_09.jpg]

But for the first coin of the year not too bad.

Nice old date. :)
My last coin found 2 days ago is from 1788. :) :)
1 Soldo from Gorizia with a "K" which means it was minted in Kremnitz, Hungary.
I'll post some photos of my latest finds this weekend.

that LC is a beauty!

thats a great find. its been several years since ive found one also. congrats on that beauty