Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for a waterproof headphone for the Minelab Vanquish.

opa81

I just bought me a new Minelab 540 for treasure hunting the Beach,

I used to use a LS Pelto headphone on my Minelab Equinox but that one does not fit the Vanquish. I also have a Sunray headphone, but that does not fit also.

I'm looking for a waterproof headphone that also blocks the sounds of the waves, and has a small jack.

Andre

I just bought me a new Minelab 540 for treasure hunting the Beach,

I used to use a LS Pelto headphone on my Minelab Equinox but that one does not fit the Vanquish. I also have a Sunray headphone, but that does not fit also.

I'm looking for a waterproof headphone that also blocks the sounds of the waves, and has a small jack.

Andre
First did you try going to a radio shack or similar store and getting a reducing plug for the headset ? they do make them for a 1/4inch to and 1/8 that fits the quish. But as far as waterproof headphone go, I just bought a custom made set of tony Eisenhower's for the nox. they seem to work really well.
Good luck Mark ( ohio )

Reactions: tvr
As Mark indicates ... look for a 1/4 to 1/8 headphone adapter and use the headphones you have that have the 1/4 inch plug. They have them at some Ace Hardware stores, some of the Walmarts as well as tons of places on line.

Ok thank you for your reply.

I live in the The Netherlands so no Walmarts or Ace stores here, but there a other stores I can give a try for that headphone jack adapter. The waterproof jacks for the Equinox do not fit the Vanquish.

Andre

Ok thank you for your reply.

I live in the The Netherlands so no Walmarts or Ace stores here, but there a other stores I can give a try for that headphone jack adapter. The waterproof jacks for the Equinox do not fit the Vanquish.

Andre
OK ... then I think the metric measurements are for an adapter from a 6.35 mm female to 3.5 mm male adapter. But I'm a little puzzled. When I look up wired headphones for the Vanquish 540 and for the Equinox, they both say they use a 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) plug on the headphone.

Perhaps someone who has one of the detectors can reply or if you have a Minelab dealer you could call or maybe email a question to minelab about the right connector.

Yesterday I found a headphone adapter and tried the Sunray headphone, but that did not work.

Perhaps I'm better of buying a new cordless headphone. I did have a look at the forum yesterday but I'm not sure yet which one to buy.

If you guys have any suggestions ??

Yesterday I found a headphone adapter and tried the Sunray headphone, but that did not work.

Perhaps I'm better of buying a new cordless headphone. I did have a look at the forum yesterday but I'm not sure yet which one to buy.

If you guys have any suggestions ??
Does the plug fit physically and you just don't hear anything through the headphones? If so does the headphone plug have one small insulating band or two (see pictures with the black bands on the plug)
If it is two, maybe you need a mono to stereo adapter. I've got a set of Koss QZ99 headphones that shield a lot of outside noise out and are switchable between stereo and mono. They are not waterproof but I use them at the beach and they have survived several rain storms.

two insulating bands.png
One insulating band.png