Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for club or other detectorists in PA

DirtFisher60

Just moved to Middletown, PA from the west coast and looking for a nearby club or other detector users in the area that might be interested in getting together sometime.

Detectors I use: Garrett Ace 250, Garrett GTI 2500, just bought a Minelab Safari before the move and need to get out and learn to use it.

If you want a first rate club that has been around for decades, you need to check out the Pen Mar club.

http://www.gettysburgelectronics.com/penmar.html

I lived in Middletown myself and hunt there whenever I get back to PA to visit friends and would be happy to discuss sites to check out . . . . . contact me if you want to talk sometime

But as far as the club goes, great group and be sure to stop in and see Don Hinks who runs Gettysburg Electronics in town - super guy and as knowledgeable as they come

Andy Sabisch

Mr. Sabisch,

Thanks for the info! i would love to hear some ideas about where to hunt here in Middletown!

I have been trying to find your book on the Safari but no one seems to have it in stock. Is it out of print?

Charles

The book is out of print and I opted not to reprint it for various reasons . . . . . lack of manufacurer support was the main one. I may have one or two copies left if you want me to look.

I will get up with you as far as your area in terms of places to hunt . . . . pretty slammed with committments right now

Andy

if you have an extra copy you would be interested in selling, i would love to buy it! You can send details on price, where to send payment, etc to charlieb1260@msn.com. If not, no big deal, i can try to find one elsewhere.

Andy,

Just got the book and started going thru it! Now my only problem is finding time to go out and try a few things. Since we live in an apartment, a test garden is a bit out of the question!

As for places to hunt, need to do some research and make some phone calls then will try to make contact with you. Got one disapointing piece of news. Was looking forward to hunting a park in Harrisburg and was told that all of their parks are off limits. No Detecting allowed. Hopefully that wont be the case in too many of the other towns/boroughs in this area.

Thanks again for the book! Sorry to hear it is out of print as it sounds like it has helped a lot of people!

Charles aka Dirtfisher

Hi Andy,

Between the weather and my work schedule, i havent had a chance to get out and try out the Safari since I got your book. I have learned a lot from the book and cant wait to get out and try some things out! I remember you saying that you used to live here in the Middletown area. I would love to get your ideas on some of the better places to hunt in this area. I have heard some conflicting information on several good potential places. I was told that the parks in Harrisburg are off limits, but at the same time, I talked to a guy I saw detecting at a local school and he said he hunts the Harrisburg parks all the time, especially one I think he called Reservoir Park. he said it is over 100 years old and has produced a number of great older coins for him.

I know you are pretty busy and your time is valuable. If you have a little extra time maybe you can send me an email with some info on the area? My email address is charlieb1260@msn.com.

I live near the Penn State campus here in Middletown. Have you ever hunted there, or do they allow it? With the way the weather is going and winter coming, i dont know if I will be able tog et out much before the first of the year. I guess it is time to try to do some research and see what I can find in the way of older places to hunt in the spring. I look forward to hearing from you!

Charles Blair
AKA DirtFisher

Hi dirtfisher I live in the north eastern part of the state and used the safari for three years loved it and feel im pretty decent with it. Im not sure where middle town is but im always up for a road trip and always ready to dig!

Hi Will!

Sorry I havent responded sooner. Been busy so havent had time to keep up with things like this. Between the weather and work, I am still trying to find a chance to get out and do some hunting. Middletown is just a few miles south of Harrisburg, the state capitol. Also, i need to do some more checking to find out exactly where I can and cant hunt around here. I've tried contacting several local parks departments and school district offices and most of them told me that they strictly forbid the use of detectors on the property under their jurisdiction. Too bad, because a lot of the places that are off limits are pretty old!

Look forward to hearing from you again!

Charles aka DirtFisher