Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for G2+ Ground Balancing Tips

Speedlunker

Pretty new to all of this and was wanting to start a thread for G2+ users to share tips on how to properly ground balance especially in tricky areas and also how to know if you are properly balanced and when it's time to re-balance. I know the ground grab is usually the easiest way but I'm referring more to situations where that doesn't seem possible. I was recently hunting an open field where houses used to be and it seemed like there was no are to balance where the detector wasn't sounding off like a geiger counter. I'm thinking if I used ground grab in this situation I would be cancelling out and reducing my depth on good signals so how should I balance and how do I know I'm good when there's so much trash or noise that I can't seem to find a clear place to balance? Any tips would be appreciated and also not just this scenario but any other tricky ones people may have run across.

I usually set mine on 50 gain, all metal and threshold in the positive range but barely. I find myself in trashy places quite often. It might seem discouraging to find a place where one can ground grab properly but it's always possible. It just takes a little more patience in these places. I might find a small area just between two signals but there's always somewhere nearby where the detector is quiet. I swing slowly and in a very narrow arc to find a space where the ground is clean. I automatically ground balance again after about an hour of use even if I don't move to another area entirely. You can also find 2 nearby places to ground grab and if both give you about the same values you should be good to go.

If you really can't find a clean place, you could just dig the junk out from underneath the coil in a given area and when it's cleaned out (no more metal ferrous or otherwise), GB from there.

I never ground balance mine, lol

default works fine, turn on and go (retains your settings on power cycle)....

highest sense, 0 discrim, 12 audio, 37 break...no notch, works like a charm for clad/jewelry hunting...

after hitting an area a few times with the G2+ I pull out the Racer 2 and have at it for the extra depth it gets. That one I ground balance, haha

Give it time friend it'll get easier. The ground balance on that machine is very simple. Find clean ground buddy. When in doubt rebalance the machine. It does make a difference.