Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for new Detector and considering the CTX-3030

SCfan

I am an experienced user of different metal detectors.
I have owned the White Gold detector and the white DFX.
I sold my detectors when my wife was diagnosed with cancer.
She has beat the cancer and I am going to buy myself and her one.
I want a top of the line detector.
We are moving to Myrtle Beach and will not only do the surf detecting but also relic detecting.
I have looked at the different reviews and would like some ideas on the best one to get.
I really the mapping and GPS and the fact the CTX-3030 is waterproof.
Thanks for the help.

If you have not already purchased the 3030 I can tell you without a doubt it is well worth it. I started out with a Tesoro, then a Whites DFX and now have the Minelab CTX3030. If you are going to hunt in high trash areas spend a couple bucks and get the 6" coil. The other day I went out for the first time with the 3030 and small coil and unearthed 3 rings from two different holes. Today, went out and found my first silver dime! I can't tell you how awesome the 3030 is, but here is a pic of a dime the 3030 sounded off on, but if you notice, there is also a big metal object in the bottom of the hole. Best of luck, you will enjoy what ever you get, but if it were me I would not settle for anything else.