Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for new detector

dewcon4414

Im looking for a new detector. One for coins and jewerly must work well in trashy parks and on the beach and have fast recovery and deep. Im thinking GT, MXT, or one of the CZ's. I like to know what detector you think is best and why?

Hi,

I can't tell you what you should by because there are just way too many nice detecting units out there. But what I can tell you is I love my CZ 5. It works great in trashy area, but is a detector you have to learn the tone responses to work well such places. I had problem in the beginning understanding some of these responses in trashy areas, but after many digs and persistence understood them. I used the standard coil to learn this. A smaller coil may make it easier for one to learn to work trashy areas. I am happy though using the standard one, at fairgrounds and parks.

Jim

You may want to consider a used model with any of those units.If you're not happy with your pick you could resale without losing money. Ron

Good advise on buying a used detector, i might get some add ons included that i wouldn't get new. But... the down side is who to trust. Noticed the MXT was designed from a gold detector. Would the new Minelab Eureka works as well?

The major manufacturer's all produce quality products.I think you'll have to do some homework on the private seller.Ebay seems to cut the risk some by letting you view a seller's past transactions. You can even go in to their past feedbacks and track that metal detector if it's a recent transaction.Sometimes you can trace it back to the previous owner's and read their adds to give you a better idea of the condition of that detector, before you spend your money.The best deals for buying a detector is on this web site,but like Guvnor says you better get more than their email address before sending your money.If you want to cut to the chase with how the latest detectors works pros and cons read these forums,which most of these guys are not afraid to tell you how great or bad a detector is. That's why I read this forum to learn from actual user's not advertising hype. Ron

I am an owner of a Teknetics T2. You may want to look at one before deciding. It is so light and well balanced you can swing it all day! Finds stuff really well too! I like mine alot! John

I just bought a used CZ7APRO and have only used it four times.Three times out with this unit I have found silver coins.The one time I didn't find silver coins I found wheat's in the 20s and 30s.With one of the Mercury head dimes I found one of the guys I was hunting with rechecked my target with his MXT and only got a one way target hit.The CZ7a showed good silver target both directions.Used CZs may be one of the best deals around at this time. Ron

Thanks Ron, ive read up on some of the CZ's, but was told the CZ5 was the best. Humm havent did much reading on the T2. I think i missed the deal today on ebay. no one bidded on a $475 explorer XS.

Any CZ is a good unit.One gentleman that I search with has a Minelab Explorer he always uses his Mxt.You can never predict prices on Ebay usually the last minute is when all the serious bidding takes place. Ron