Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

looking forward to a hot week at the beach

tvr

Got to our room about 4 yesterday afternoon. Got about two hours detecting near low tide. Sand is soft and targets are few. Waves were at 4 second intervals and cutting hard so I didn't get wet. Two fishing sinkers, quarter, dime, penny, room key and a handful of bottle caps. Supposed to be around 90 F all week.

Having coffee and watching the pelicans glide just above the waves. Waves are about 4 second intervals this morning, it is nice when they are at 6 seconds, but might not see that this trip. Daughter's family will be here in about 4 hours so I can play with grandkids before it gets to the PM low tide. With the soft sand, probably looking for new deposits.

Thank you.

Last evening low tide I found a couple little cuts close in. Got three vaping things and not much else. Grand kids are having breakfast, then off to make sand castles for a while.

Heading home in the morning. Monday had hard rip currents and I wanted an 8 inch coil (that I don't have) for reduced pull in the water and not the 10 inch. The hard rip tide did strip a lot of sand off the bottom and the rest of the week there was a couple mile long sand bar out a little ways and a harder bottom cut between the sand bar and the beach. Should have been great conditions, but it turned out to be a fishing sinkers and sunglasses finding week. I did get one little sterling silver earring, but no real good detecting finds. Had a lot of fun with the grand kids. Oh, and this morning had a life guard ask me to get out of the rip current. Talked with him for a little while. He said he wasn't worried about me but his supervisor had pulled up and their instructions were to keep people out of the rip. I mentioned that today was not bad, Monday was difficult and that I hit the rip areas because the current pulls the soft sand layer back to a harder layer that might give me a chance at targets. He said he had pulled three people out of the water on Monday. The issue was that if someone is in the rip area, others will follow. including not well monitored kids. He then said that once his supervisor left on her rounds, I could go back in. Nice young man.

Got to our room about 4 yesterday afternoon. Got about two hours detecting near low tide. Sand is soft and targets are few. Waves were at 4 second intervals and cutting hard so I didn't get wet. Two fishing sinkers, quarter, dime, penny, room key and a handful of bottle caps. Supposed to be around 90 F all week.

Having coffee and watching the pelicans glide just above the waves. Waves are about 4 second intervals this morning, it is nice when they are at 6 seconds, but might not see that this trip. Daughter's family will be here in about 4 hours so I can play with grandkids before it gets to the PM low tide. With the soft sand, probably looking for new deposits.
What beach are you at? Have a great week spending time with your family.

We were at North Myrtle Beach. Detecting in the Windy Hill, Atlantic Beach and Crescent Beach area. Had a great week. Next week we are heading to Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC. Hurricane Isaias should have cleared out of the area by then and may stir things up ... or buried things deeper. We shall see.

Old blue tube Excal with a newer 10 inch coil and DetectorPro Underwater headphones got all of the July work.

Good luck and be careful out there ,, they still might have so RIP rides. Fishing is usually good after a hurricane,, take your rod. I'm going to try some fishing once the "cane gets out of here.

Reactions: tvr