Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost 52 years returned ID bracelet

Mark kus

This was a great story of a find I made and was successful at returning to the owner which was on local news and to boot my mother knows his family!
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Buried-Treasure-Bracelet-Reunited-With-Owner-52-Years-Later-474347703.html?_osource=mobilesharebar

Reactions: SYL
4AA62D2E-D3AD-4196-8500-56501C38D80A.png
A81E3478-890C-4E3E-AB3A-64965FA68072.png
3A812A91-2F57-4208-931C-6CA776FF9560.png
BDC558D4-B030-421E-B796-2E4B371A318F.png

That is an awesome story Mark! great return.

About 15 years ago A guy and I were detecting a city park about 120 miles away in Minnesota. I pulled a 12K gold engraved personalized bracelet. It had a first and last name on it.
I later showed it to my co-worker and he said, I know who that is. He is my Uncle Eddy.
I replied, huh?, is he still alive? My co-worker replied. Sure he is. Uncle Eddy lives in Omaha, NE and is 87 years old.
My brother happens to live close to Omaha so my wife and I arranged a visit with Eddy and his wife when we were visiting my brother. Omaha is well over 400 miles south of our house.
When I handed Eddy the bracelet, he smiled and said, I think some girl I knew that summer of around 1948 or so gave me that necklace. He said he never saw her again after that summer.
Eddy's wife smiled and said. I have never heard that story until now.
We all got a good chuckle and took a few pics. We were glad we looked him up and made the return.

Dave

This was a great story of a find I made and was successful at returning to the owner which was on local news and to boot my mother knows his family!

That’s cool Dave Turns out this guy his family knew my mom’s family! My mom knew his family well!