Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Love my Safari!

sasquache

Hello everyone I have come to really like my Safari with the 11 fbs coil but there is one issue I have been dealing with I usually run in coin mode with manual sensitivity manually at about 16-18 with my own set discrimination pattern but what's going on is a lot of hits 30-34 and sometimes 40 is this just a lot of iron? Or is the nature of the Safari and signal usually disappear when I swing the coil over it again any thoughts? Thanks

sasquache said:
Hello everyone I have come to really like my Safari with the 11 fbs coil but there is one issue I have been dealing with I usually run in coin mode with manual sensitivity manually at about 16-18 with my own set discrimination pattern but what's going on is a lot of hits 30-34 and sometimes 40 is this just a lot of iron? Or is the nature of the Safari and signal usually disappear when I swing the coil over it again any thoughts? Thanks

That can happen with any detector. Its iron that causes it. You have to look for repeatable signals.

Thank you groundhug I figured that's what it is and yes the repeatable are the ones to dig.

Be careful my last silver quarter was a 31, but with a sweeeeeeet high tone! I dug it because of the tone alone and i was rewarded, but i found a 3 inch nail in the side of the hole , i cut rather small plugs btw, and it was bringing the id down but tone was dead on! Also remember to go slow in trashing areas give the machine time to alert you of a good target mixed with trash.

Absolutely pay attention to those Safari tones! I've had quarters show up at 12 and 14 but the tone was correct. (and as far as I could tell, there was no 12/14 metal in the area- after retrieving the quarters, the hole swung as nothing present).