Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lower Rod For Tesoro

jimz49

I bought an extra coil for my Vaquero and wanted to mount it on it's own lower rod. When I started looking for a tesoro rod I discovered they're getting harder to find. So I thought any manufacture's lower rod would do and bought one for a Garrett (was the cheapest I could find). Much to my surprise the Garrett rod is slightly larger in diameter and wouldn't slide into the Tesoro middle rod. So, is there another brand I should look for that is compatible with Tesoro, or do I just reduce the diameter of the Garrett rod to make it fit?

I bought an extra coil for my Vaquero and wanted to mount it on it's own lower rod. When I started looking for a tesoro rod I discovered they're getting harder to find. So I thought any manufacture's lower rod would do and bought one for a Garrett (was the cheapest I could find). Much to my surprise the Garrett rod is slightly larger in diameter and wouldn't slide into the Tesoro middle rod. So, is there another brand I should look for that is compatible with Tesoro, or do I just reduce the diameter of the Garrett rod to make it fit?
You could sand it down.
I've done that on a few shafts.
Carefully remove the clip.
Wrap sandpaper around it. Say 80 grit.
Twist and sand.
Usually didn't take much.

odanscoils, I was thinking that might do the trick. Thanks for confirming.

Fisher/Teknetics lower rods fit but a new hole must be drilled for the plunger. The fisher rods only have one plunger for the bottom side of the middle rod, whereas the Tesoro uses a double plunger on the side of the middle rod. The coil bolt hole and spacing for the coil ears are the same.

Thanks for the info picketwire. I'm going to try odanscoils' suggestion first since I already have the garrett rod. But if that doesn't work well, will definitely take a look at the fisher/teknetic's rod.