Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

lucky 13

californiagold

Went back to gold patch again with fors gold. picked up another 13 pieces. total 2.4 dwt.
All found with 11" standard coil on boost mode.
take care good luck!

californiagold said:
Went back to gold patch again with fors gold. picked up another 13 pieces. total 2.4 dwt.
All found with 11" standard coil on boost mode.
take care good luck!
A quick question or two, if you don't mind.

What settings were you using, and what was the Ground Balance phase report? Also, out of curiosity, do you have the smaller coil to try in that area?

Monte

Hello monte
the settings i was using was boost mode; sens. 85 id mask 10 everything else standard. yes i have smallcoil but forgot to bring it. gb # is between 75-80 at this spot. .
thanks

Your settings sound about like what I would use with the FORS or Racer, and I know some readers might find it interesting that a motion-based Discriminate mode was used instead of a "traditional" use of the All Metal mode. Honestly, I have used a motion Disc. mode more often than All Metal mode for a long time, when the detector provides a low-enough Disc. setting. That goes back to the Compass Gold Scanner Pro, which had a 'Vari-filter' [size=small](3-filter)[/size] circuitry design and a Zero-Disc. capability, and then the original White's MXT to the current MXT All-Pro which also just happened to be a so-called 3-filter design with Zero-Disc. capability. I also used an old Gold Mountain Technologies GMT-1650 or Cobra which had Zero Disc. adjustment.

I have a couple of potential Gold Nugget producing sites that I hope to hit this year with my FORS Co-Re and Racer, but they haven't been as productive for me in the past as what you're hunting. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky at a site or two in Eastern Oregon this year for a change.

Best of success on your next trek afield.

Monte

Hello monte
Yes alot of places i use fors gold i run in boost mode i.d. you can run in all metal but it is really noisy even with ground tracking on. and usually have to reduce sens. but in boost mode you can crank it up. only a little chatter from minerals, but even tiny signals come thru loud and clear. my partner uses gb pro and also has to run in i.d. You say you live in oregon. there is lots of good pocket gold workings there. should find something good around sw oregon.
Also pic of some of the mineralization at gold patch this last weekend