Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lucky Ending to Playground Redo hunt

osgood

when i posted yesterday about the playground dig i forgot i had put a heel plate in my back pocket. As i was rinsing it off this AM if said odd, i ve found three of these before but none with lettering on them. Then i dropped it in the sink and more crud came off and i see a faint image and said darn there must of been an Indian head laying on top of it when i recovered it and i missed it. I flipped it over and said wait theres the back of the coin. So i see on the front Pan- Amer and i see the date 1901 on the coin, and run and google it, the Pan American Exhibition, 1901 Buffalo, NY. The reason i thought it was a heel plate was it was one of those Good Luck Horseshoe shaped pieces, obviously from the event with a dated Indian Head Penny inset into it. It was about he same size and general shape of heel plates Ive found How cool is that, it was good luck for me. I know in decent shape it would of been worth some money. Now Im gonna it leave inset anyway instead of popping it out. Good Hunts Ahead, CO

n/t

Now that is a different kind of find. Neat and very unusual. Good save and good job of discovering it. HH jim tn

That is a cool find... KEN. Ind