Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lumber City hunt on 3-10-13

kayden

Hey guys we will be leaving my house at 10:00 sharp...Meeting at site at around 10:20....GL everyone! Dont forget to set clocks ahead!

It looks like we have at least 8 treasure hunters going on Sunday. The weather is supposed to be nice here. It should be a good day to shoot some video. We'll have 3 new hunters with us....they have never been out before so there will be some teaching going on too.

It was a pretty good hunt.
1 - Green River Whiskey Token
1 - 1882 Indian Head
3 - Wheat Cents
1 - Old Stop Watch or Gauge
1 - Nickel
Lots of old jars. We did find the dump! Apparently they dumped their garbage into the river off of a pier. I thought this might be the cae but we confirmed it on this hunt. Looks like we're going to get wet this summer! :shocked:

"Dumped their garbage in the river off a pier." That's still blows my mind what people thought and did and sometimes still do. 'There are so many buffalo!'. 'The ocean is so large'. Wow.

Hello BillF,
Thanks for stopping by.

Yep, you are right; they had no understanding of the environment back then. On the other hand I'm modifying a boat I have with a plexiglass viewing window and lights in the hull to cruise the river looking for the old bottles and relics. So I'll hopefully be cleaning out some of the "junk".

"What's one man's garbage ia another man's treasure"!

Speaking of Buffalo...did you see they are going to re-introduce woodland buffalo to Alaska! We have a great Elk program here in Pa. There are about 1600 Elk now. Bigger than the one's out West. Our DCNR while a lot of treasure hunters don't care for them have really protected our wild areas and brought back species that we once lost in Pa; Elk, Fishers, Eagles, Osprey and I'm hearing more about Mountain Lions and possibly wolves. We also have absolutely beautiful mountain streams with native trout. I hunt for the old ghost towns in the Northern Tier of Pa and the scenery and wildlife is just incredible; as good as anything that you see in the movies!