Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LUV my XL Pro

I a thr

I just found out about OUR new site today and am really happy to see others who enjoy their analog-metered machine as much as I do. Let me first say that I was browsing on occasion the White's Main Detecting Forum. About a week ago I had made the comment that this type of forum would be a good idea, and BAM here it is. If wishes come true that easy, I should have already found several gold coins. NOT!!! I have been detecting for about 33 years and have made the full circle of detector. I rented a White

n/t

Very nice ring Bill. The 6000's have always been silver suckers. I've thought about picking up a Minelab Advantage for beach hunting at some of my old mill sites. The old dock sites have nasty mineralized sand with lots of rusty iron. My Compass Gold Scanner Pro works very well at these iron infested beach sites but lacks depth.

of which is that it DOESN'T have any Tone ID. Like my Shadow X5, the XL Pro is just a very good performer with decent depth-of-detection and the best analog display out there. Tone ID on many makes and models can cause a hobbyist to ignore some target signals and/or to not even refer to the visual TID. There are too many times when I have popped good gold rings and bracelets or deeper nickels with an XL Pro or it's older cousins that I know would have had a funky, iffy response from an XLT and some others with their Tone ID.

There are times and applications where a model with Tone ID might have some practical use, and that's one reason I enjoy my X-Terra 50, but presently it is the only Tone ID model in my personal arsenal. The XL Pro's bold audio response and excellent information visual display is my 'standard' by which all other deptectors are compared.

Keep working with that XL Pro and I wish you a successful year ahead, too!

Monte

with the Pro I feel so much more comfortable with it that I am having a hard time forcing myself to use the X. I guess confidence is a factor. The XL Pro is sure building up the confidence.
HH
Bill

Digger
I'm like you, I have a musky advantage and love it!!! I bought two other detectors and got rid of them because the musky performed so well. I than started looking real close at whites analog detectors, reading what others said about the 6000 series and 5900 series.
I always said if the musky had target id It would be a top notch unit, than it dawned on me that the pro xl was the ticket the whole time I just ordered a new pro xl and I have no doubt that I won't be pleased. I believe that the pro xl 6000 is the best kept secret in detecting between this and the musky. This is just my opinion!!!
Wil