Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made a deus deal

cedarswamp

Having used minelabs whites tesoro garrett fisher teknetics ect and now the Deus will be coming soon cant help but wonder buying sight unseen if its that much better.Time in the field will tell ,whats your opinion that's had previous experience with other top of the line detectors?,,,,,,,,,CEDAR

I have owned all of the detectors you mention with the exception of Garretts & Teknetics & Fisher. I love the simplicity of the Deus. It is extremely light to swing, even with the large coil. In the area of detecting, it is very stable & sensitive and I have found it to be hot on gold. I hunt specifically for jewelry so I am not after very deep targets. I used it on the plowed fields in England and found some deep silver, I estimate about 14 inches. Like I said this is a very high end detector and I have only had it for a short time, so I have a lot to learn as far as it features. I did find 3 pieces of 24KT. with it last year & I didn't get until July and quit hunting in late November. I recommend it!

Well, I believe you'll like the Deus. I have a CTX, White's V3i, F75se, 2 etracs with just about every coil possible. The Deus is light and a joy to swing and operate. It seems to be very stable EMI wise. Case in point I hunted an old house yard today with an electric fence box hooked to it and it was on. I have tried hunting here before with V3i-forget it, same with F75se. I could hunt with etrac though didn't have the CTX at the time but I'm sure it would work too. Today with the deus 12 freq was a no go, 8 was good and so was 18 freq setting. This yard is a trash/iron mess. Dropping to reactivity setting of 2 I pulled a couple good nice targets real quick. I had been over this place with etrac with 10x12 sef coil and the small sunray 5.5" coil. You are going to realize in short order when you take your deus to some places you have already hunted with your other detectors, the nonferrous targets will start jumping at you. It's unbelievable just what the other detectors miss. I will say the f75se with small 5" coil is the closest you will get to the dues as far as american detectors go. It just doesn't run as stable normally as the deus and the small coil won't be as deep as deus with stock coil. Speaking of stock coil. Don't let the 9" small size dissapoint you. It will fool you on how deep it will go. I dug a very small button yesterday at around 9.25 inches deep and I was swinging over it a good 1-1.5 2 inches above the ground because of the sage grass stubble. It was loud and clear and sure didn't sound like it was that deep or that small. I later dug a low brass shotgun shell brass at 10 inches deep again with the coil a good distance above the ground. It will take you a little time to get used to the tones and language the deus speaks. It posseses lots of potential for treasure hunting. The hardest part is deciding what depths and what kinds of targets you are after. You see you are getting about 3 detectors in one the way I see it. There's no place with too much iron or trash for the dues. As a matter a fact that's where I would head and start swinging. The deus out in the open fields will eat up real estate faster than any detector especailly with the large coil. The trashy/iron pits around old house sites and villages are just right and where the good stuff is lying, a lot of it masked when using other detectors. Enjoy your new toy.