Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Making a difference

A

Anonymous

Sherry just let me know of her joining an organization that makes a difference in the support of TV programs that are unfit for airing to ourselves and our children.
OneMillionMoms.com is a project (of The American Family Association) that sends info to each of the registrants to let them know what sponsors are supporting TV shows unfit for viewing. They provide email info, etc. AND they are getting results.
Not only are the Moms making a difference but the Dads have a similar project with the same goals AND there is also a Youth project of this association so the youth can also have a voice in helping to shut down programming unfit for viewing.
The link at the bottom is examples of how this project has been successful so far.
Here are the links for each project group so you can check this out:
http://onemillionmoms.com OneMillionMoms.com
http://onemilliondads.com OneMillionDads.com
http://onemillionyouths.com OneMillionYouths.com
We have 'tolerated' a lot of things in our lives and in this tolerance more and more of the moral things have been replaced with immoral things.
Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
TV programming is 'pushing the envelope' everyday trying to bring more darkness to our youth and family. Have you heard and seen the "O" commercial of Overstock.com? How about those programs like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy? Those are just two that immediately come to mind - bet you can think of more.
1 Peter 3:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
3 John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
I'm joining the OneMillionDads to help eliminate the evil programming being put out to influence our children and even adults into thinking that right is wrong and that evil is good and good evil.
HH & Be Safe (and Healthy) - God bless us - one and all
Remember: Seek ye first the kingdom of God (Mt. 6:33)
Pete in MI

and I've helped in their work for the Lord during that time and then as a member of OneMillionMoms.com! I feel blessed to have helped in getting something done about all the evil that's going on concerning TV and our nation!
Very good indeed and they need all the support they can receive in spreading the good news of our Savior, Jesus Christ!
God Bless!
Betty

Here is an example of what should not be seen on TV. This is text information - not the actual ad but even reading the info use your judgement on young people reading over your shoulder.
I thought it bad enough at Wal-mart for customers to come into the store wearing pajama bottoms (supposedly called something else like lounge pants - but still pj bottoms).
I haven't seen the ad myself (I restrict what I watch and the family watches). But as the media pushes the envelope further and further how soon will others be shopping in their underwear? Sodom and Gomorrah (and even the Roman Empire under certain emporers) come to mind.
HH & Be Safe (and Healthy) - God bless us - one and all
Remember: Seek ye first the kingdom of God (Mt. 6:33)
Pete in MI