Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro racer, wow

I bought a used one of the first racers to come out. I have been using it a few days, and all i can say is its the best detector i have ever used and i have used a few. Every time i go out and use it i am impressed. I see why you all like it so much. I have tested it on depth and it does everything i need it to do. Just a fantastic detector in my book.

That's the same way I felt after getting the original Racer when they came out. I was so impressed that I had to have the Racer 2, then the Impact, and the Multi Kruzer. Once they get you hooked, you need more and more. Welcome to the addiction.

I agree the Red Racer is still a great machine. I still have my original Racer and use it about as much as I do my other machines. You can describe the Red Racer in a few words: Simplicity/Performace. Congrats on your new to you Racer.

I agree with you all. Its definitely the detector i have been searching for. Like i said it does everything i need a detector to do, and then some. I don't fell the need to upgrade any more.

Tom Slick said:
That's the same way I felt after getting the original Racer when they came out. I was so impressed that I had to have the Racer 2, then the Impact, and the Multi Kruzer. Once they get you hooked, you need more and more. Welcome to the addiction.

I'll second that :thumbup:

They really make fantastic detectors, and their customer service is the best of any detecting company period.

Not that I need to buy any more detectors, but I can't wait to see what they bring out next :clapping:

Congrats on your new detector. I started out with the racer 2, then moved to the Impact, & now using the Kruzer. Makro/Nokta makes great products & customer service is excellent...

The Racer is deep, fast and easy to use. One of my favorite machines ever. I liked hunting in 2 tone best on old home sites. I hate to let it go but I have mine for sale to fund a Kruzer.

When you try your first nokta/make, no matter which model, it's a nice eye opener to how fast recovery can be and how well a detector can unmask.
I remember my first outing with my relic. Dug can slaw at 13". Lol. I've learned how to take the beast since then but I was surprised to say the least.
Congrats and happy hunting

If there other detectors are better than the first racer, they are definitely a top notch contender. I have used other top name detectors and for me, for what i need the racer is just simply better, "for me". I just had the Eqinox 600 all i can say is its no longer here. The racer for the money is dang hard to beat.

Now with the price drop on the racer 2 it is a great deal.
It was worth what I paid before and now it's a steal.
Hope you and old red have some great hunts.
Yes nokta/makro have some great detectors. I have tried the newer ones past the racer 2 and fors relic but I've read great things. They keep getting better and better.

I'm a fan of the Racer 2. Not much on the Read or Impact but the Racer 2 was a good machine for me. I like stability and the Impact was just too much like a Fisher (chattery) and the Red just didn't have the same ability. I know you can adjust any detector to get rid of most the noise, but I feel if you have to make adjustments just to quiet it down you lose. The Racer 2 is stable right from the start.

The Red Racer was a game changer for me. I had an AT Pro and Deus prior to the Red Racer and after switching I was truly pulling tons of stuff out of sites I had struggled in previously. Especially using the 5" oor coil in heavy iron/junk areas. My finds rate and quality of finds went through the roof after I switched to the Red Racer. I'm using a single frequency Kruzer now and I don't feel disadvantaged against any VLF machine on the market. I actually feel slightly advantaged over all of them with this rugged and evolved Makro machine in my hand. :-D I'd feel equally confident with the Red Racer as it's the same bloodline, it totally rocks for relic hunting.