Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mark Stuart's original PI.

A

Anonymous

Here is the 1989 schematic for the Mark Stuart PI with the original timing circuits for those who want to experiment, without getting into programming PICs.
This is reproduced with kind permission of Everyday Electronics whose website URL is given for those who wish to further explore this fine magazine.
Eric.

Hi all,
Can anyone make out the parts details on this? I can't read the values.
Thanks,
Fred

Which is the value of the Xtal, have you the printed circuit of this circuit?. For that the diode damper BY407 is used in one of the diode that clip the pick tension?
Thank you
Carlos

Hi Eric,
This must be the August 89 issue, not been able to find a copy. If you could shoot me a clean photocopy of the whole article I would like to post it on my web page. EPE has also given me permission to post.
Thanks,
Carl

hello to all:
Because nobody responds to my questions? Does nobody have the printed circuit of the project?
Carlos (I wait an answer)

Hello Carlos
Unfortunately I don't have the the pcb dwg for this circuit but the layout for the circuit is not likely to be very critical so long as you keep the coil connections close to the battery and FET connections and away from the low level signal processing. So I would suggest a strip board layout.As far as the xtal is concerned this looks like 60khz on my screen.
cheers
Keith

I still can't make it out good enough to do anything with it. I hope it appears on Carl's web site so I can get a usable picture.
Best regards,
Charles

Hi Carlos,
Sorry, I should have come back on this sooner. The Xtal is 40kHz. The article does give a pcb layout for this circuit and lots of other info (5 pages) Tomorrow, I will organise some photocopies of the complete article. Anyone who would like a copy, send me $4, or equivalent, to cover postage and copying plus mail address.
Eric.

Pulsepower Developments, Unit 3, Area C, Radley Road Industrial Estate, Abingdon, Oxon. OX14 3RY, England.