Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mars shaft for GPX, Pretty cool!

Old California

Picked up a couple of Mars shafts, one for the GPX 5000 the other for a future mod. Had a similar type setup on the GPX using a Deus shaft, but needed the Deus shaft for another detector and today replaced the Deus shaft with a Mars shaft setup.

Feels good, Very tight no play and collapses down to backpack size.

I'll take it out tomorrow for a local relic hunt, can't go wrong on the price especially built tough made with top quality materials.

Paul

Paul,thats a very nice job that you have done on that GPX,i remember you doing the same with the Deus shaft as well,another one that may well do as well is the Golden Mask telescopic one as well,i have been using one of these GM shafts for 6 months on my Deus,also Steve H has bought and used one recently as well,when i bought mine at christmas time the price then was half of what a Deus one cost and the quality is superb in carbon fibre.

Love seeing your new detecting designs,you are very talented in what you produce.

Thanks Mega,

I really like the Mars setup, already have about 4-5 hours on it with the GPX since posting..

Yes, I agree on the Golden Mask telescopic shaft. I purchased one about a year and half ago. Great setup, currently using it with my Blisstool V6.. Was on my Bliss v5, now on the v6.

Have one Mars shaft left, that will go on a future mod. May pick up another, these are great!

Thanks Mega,
Paul

Paul very nice setup! Really enjoying my GPX and can see how that would be a (pack in to hunt dream) setup.

Been a while sense chatting with you, hope your doing fine over your way.

Tom

Hello Tom,

Good to hear from you, boy it's been a while. And you bet nothing like swinging a GPX for raw depth, great relic detector.

Yes, I haven't been posting on the other forums. Took a break, actually banded myself from a a few forums. But I'll be going back to a couple, soon.

Thanks Tom,
Paul

That conversion is fantastic ,, need to do that on my gpx 4500 ,, so which shafts did you use on the control box shaft mount ?

No issue with bumping GB or other issues, setup is flawless.

Paul

Thanks Joe,

I use the original Mars shaft, was not quite as easy as the Deus shaft but with a little work was able to use the original GPX mounting hardware.

I'll post close up pics soon, been off line for awhile let me catch up with email/PM's and such.

Thanks
Paul

I would really like to see the close up pics of the nounting to the control box. I have the Mars shaft on my AKA Sorex Pro as well as an AT Pro. I love these shafts and may want to do the same with my GP3500

You bet, ill try and post a closeup tomorrow.

Thank you for asking.

Paul

Sorry for the delay with posting additional closeup pics with the Mars shaft setup, here are a couple without the padded housing protector.

Will include one with pad two without, also want to add the Deus shaft works great with the GPX mounting bracket as well. Auctally, the Deus shaft was easier to mount while the Mars needed additional fabricating the shaft to mount the GPX mounting bracket.

Thank you for your patience,
Paul