Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maybe a CZ 21 retune is needed

H2OAU

Was that at the beach this morning and just didn't seem to be finding many targets. I did find a quarter maybe 3 in deep and decided to do some testing with it. I went up to the dry sand where there aren't large concentrations of black sand, like down at the water. I dug a hole about 8in deep and placed the quarter flat in the bottom of the hole and reburied it. Any settings less than 10 on the ground and 10 on the sensitivity would produce mid tone or iron tone only. If I backed either knob down another notch or two all signal was lost. It just doesn't seem like there's any room for fine-tuning, if I don't run the machine totally maxed out I won't find anything deeper than 5 in, but it barely falses at those settings. I don't know, it just doesn't seem right. It just seems counterintuitive that I would be able to run it maxed out and get very little falsing. every machine I have ever owned, including a CZ 20 years ago, would false like crazy running maxed out. Also, I am able to ground balance the machine at home in my yard but not at the beach anywhere I have tried. even with the ground knob maxed out at 10 I am pushing sound into the ground as the coil approaches about the 4in from the ground mark. If I get the coil closer to an inch from the ground it pretty much squeals like I'm over iron when there is none there. It's the same with the pinpoint method as well, the closer you get to the ground the louder it gets even though I'm not over iron. any help from experience CZ 20 or 21 users would surely be appreciated.

Sounds like you may want to call the service department and talk with them. I've got a CZ20, two CZ6A's and had a CZ5. Have not had a CZ21, but would expect it to act similar to the other CZ's. All the ones I have or had would false at high sensitivity and would ground balance to a neutral response when raising and lowering the coil over wet salt or dry sand or regular ground.

Deeper targets do tend to give a lower than expected ID. A deep mid-tone can bounce low to mid-tone and sometimes go full low tone. High tones can sometimes go to mid tone. A solid high tone target, like a quarter, does not normally go low tone even when deep. I've dug quarters at the beach a good foot deep and they were still high tone.

From their web page: Fisher Customer Service at:
1-800-685-5050
Customer Service Representatives are available
Monday through Friday,
8:00am to 4:30pm, Mountain Standard Time.

Thanks for the reply, and I agree, I will give them a call tomorrow. The CZ 20 I had years ago, like I said above, would go nuts anywhere near the 10 spot on the sensitivity dial. I believe the CZ 21 I have now does do a bit of falsing up at the 10 spot but only with an iron tone. My old CZ 20 would false with a high tone. I don't know, it's weird, it just seems to be about exactly 50% less than what it should be power-wise. I did some air test with it today, I know, I take air test with a huge grain of salt. Using my 15 gram white gold wedding band with the detector completely maxed out, I lost what I would consider a digable signal at around 8 to 9 in. In Auto-Tune, I lost all signal and around 5 in. A quarter I lost around 13" +/- in "0" discrimination and it was gone in Auto tune around 8" +/-.

Interesting side note. Decided to take the rechargeable Tenergy batteries, that only had a couple hours on them, out, and put in some partially depleted alkaline batteries and gained at least a couple inches on the ring in both Auto tune and disc. No noticable difference on the quarter. Doesn't help out with the whole ground balancing thing. Still don't know why, when bobbing, I can't get it to quiet down no matter that the ground is set to 10.

found out from Felix at First Texas today that my CZ 21 has an issue with the coil cable where it goes into the main housing as well as being welay out of calibration. can't wait to get it back and see what it does working properly since I've done pretty decently with it messed up.