Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maybe it is me or is it the world...(long)

A

Anonymous

Being a 'janitor' I run across a lot of things in the trash. I recently had gotten a very nice coat that was thrown away. I asked permission and it was given to me.
I try hard not to look at what is being pitched but occassionally something catches my eye. In this particular instance it is a large envelope marked "Child CyberSearch". Our company is known for its concern for lost children. In our store we have Code Adam for lost and missing children. We make a page over the intercom advising of a Code Adam when a child is lost within our store and every available Associate is to stop what they are doing and to help look for the missing child. Our company displays several posters throughout the store of lost and missing children across our great land in hope someone might see and recognize a child and that child recovered to his rightful place.
Back to the trash, in the envelope is a Child Identification/DNA Kit. I usually do not take things out of the trash but this seemed to call to me - maybe because Casey is valuable to me and this might be useful - dread the thought of why it would be.
I notice, too, there are many pictures of missing children on 8x10 sheets of paper with info about the children - the sheets - torn in half. A disturbing thing to me.
Well, getting to a point - besides the thought someone doesn't care about the children - I began to think of our wonderful CMD Family and wondered where each of us could get maybe a free Child Identification/DNA Kit.
Free seems to be an operative word which means different things to different people. To me free means FREE. Couldn't find a FREE kit source though many advertised them as free (a registration + fee seems to be a contingency of being free).
Here is the best deal I could come up with.
For $2.50 for shipping and handling (per kit) the kit is otherwise free from the link below.
I would hope no one would ever need to pull this kit out of safekeeping to turn over to the police but it is better to be safe than sorry. We know not all children make the right choices and they can get themselves into something they never thought could happen and there are some real evil people who prey on children.
I think this ID/DNA Kit is worth the shipping and handling (many others wanted as much as $7.99 each for 1 to 9 kits).
A prayer: Father God, please protect the children of this world from the evils within it. Those who are lost and missing, I ask for their safe return. I place all these children into your hands that you may help to bring them home safely, if possible. I pray this in Jesus precious name. Amen
HH & Be Safe (and Healthy) - God bless us - one and all
Remember: Seek ye first the kingdom of God (Mt. 6:33)
Pete in MI

both my children were fingerprinted when they were young and I have encouraged my daughter to have her children done. DNA is a more recent thing and does serve a good purpose. My only objection is that there are those that would use the information gathered to further their own evil and selfish desires. We had a case where someone was checking the obits and using the names of deceased children to obtain fradulent ID's! Sicko!
Dave