Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MD questions?

Jeff in MI

The Minelab Sovereign GT sounds like a good machine. However, without a depth readout, why would you but it over a machine that does? Can you tell the depth of a target with some accuracy with the GT, or is it just dig until you find the target? I know on my MXT I can use the depth reading as one of many ways of determining a good target from a bad. For instance, if the depth reading on the target says "0", well if the target is not lying on the ground, it is probably a large piece of junk giving off a strong signal.

I do know that a depth reading is not perfect and can be influenced by many factors.

How do you think the GT comapares to the MXT?

After a while you would be able to judge the approximate depth by the sounds...
Pretty tough to compare units but basically the MXT is a faster unit that is lighter and easier to handle...
Sov's are slower units that shine in bad ground and saltwater beaches but are heavier and harder to handle.
Both are comparable depthwise and many do well with either..
I would visit your local multi line dealer for some hands on demonstrations and lets face it some of us prefer Minelabs and some of us prefer Whites as both produce for those that take the time to learn their unit. No perfect detector only the one that works for you..