Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Merc, horseshoe, pistol bullets, chisel

GrandBlancDig

[attachment 312347 image.jpg]Went for an evening hunt at an old farm house. Found some cool things and it was beautiful out.

1941 Mercury dime

A few fired lead bullet rounds - I believe to be to a pistol, and they have the rifling rings on them. If you have any ideas let me know!

An old chisel tool

A horseshoe in great condition & my first one with the square nail still in it!

Hoping for more finds this week with the nice weather.

Dan

Pistols have rifling too - unless you go back to the really early stuff like round musket balls. :nerd:

-pete

Nice finds Grandblancdig!! Mercs are a beautiful coin. Catches your breath when they come out of the ground.
I have seen other posters excited about a dug horseshoe still having square nails in it.
If the shoe came off the horses hoof yesterday it would have square nails in it, that doesn't necessarily make them old. Square nails are are still used to shoe horses today.
I have personally nailed on (app.) 8000 to 10,000 shoes in my lifetime, all with square nails. Round nails would not hold in the hoof for nothing!
HH Ed in co.

Ed Steinhoff said:
Nice finds Grandblancdig!! Mercs are a beautiful coin. Catches your breath when they come out of the ground.
I have seen other posters excited about a dug horseshoe still having square nails in it.
If the shoe came off the horses hoof yesterday it would have square nails in it, that doesn't necessarily make them old. Square nails are are still used to shoe horses today.
I have personally nailed on (app.) 8000 to 10,000 shoes in my lifetime, all with square nails. Round nails would not hold in the hoof for nothing!
HH Ed in co.

Awesome information, thank you! I do know this one is old though. It is a 150 year old farm house that hasn't been in use in the last 100 years. It even has a bicentinial sign out front of the farm. We were given permission by the family and we were able to talk to them.