Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Merry Christmas Guvner and

A

Anonymous

all my friends out in cyberspace. Finally chose the Canon Power shot G1 camera. The manual is 148 pages so I am overwhelmed at the present so I'm shooting in Auto mode for now. I'm using a HP Deskjet 880C printer to print my pictures and there are nice and crisp. Pretty close to 35mm pictures. Just wondering what would be best for printing pics? Maybe the Epson 870? Happy holidays from the James's family ti you akll.
Jerry and Shirley James

I have been using an Alps MD-1300 for all my 8 x 10 prints. It is a dye-sublimation printer and I am plain in love with it. Dry ink on cassettes and you can print on about anything with the standard inks. (Photo quality inks have to be used with photo paper or they will break.) Ink is cheaper than the inkjets and water proof. I like it. Many of the commercial shops use the same kind of printer for their stuff.
I had to take a step backwards to make Audrey happy on a camera. She refuses to quit using film and I got sick of her lackluster pictures with a fixed focus camera. (She'd been using my underwater Canon for about everything..) I ended up buying her an Olympus IS 200 SLR camera. Really neat and you sure get a lot of bang for your buck if you don't include the magical words "Digital" in the name. Even has a remote control to take the picture by pointing at the camera when you're ready allowing you to be in the picture. Now I guess I better buy a slide scanner... (There is a method to my madness though.. Once she knows how to use this one my digital will be a breeze, they are about the same controlwise..)
Merry Christmas all... Guvner..

Had to re-format my hardrive and lost everything. The printing method you are using is the best but very expensive, so I've heard. How about posting some pics? Haven't seen any from you yet. Have a great new year and stay sober (g).
Jerry

My 2 year old all of a sudden got real entertaining giving these contorted grins that surprised me to no end... Hardly even looks like his usual pictures... He really hammed it up here... Lost a little with the optimizer but still comes across pretty well... Camera is an Olympus D600L Megapixel Digital camera. It doesn't shine the most when taking flash pictures probably mostly because the autofocus being hampered in low light when a flash is most needed. Once out of that environment it astounds me. You get outside and I've never had so many awesome pictures. With the macro lens my coin shots are just really neat.
The Alps MD-1300 printer itself is under $400 and the ink is really cheap. I'm not sure what it comes out to per picture but I still haven't used up the first cartridge and have done about 20 - 8" X 10" color glossies. Check the pricing on Buy.com for the cartridges I think you'll be surprised. The best part of the printing incidentally is the dry ink. Love that. No wavy wet paper...
Good hunting... Guvner..

heck of a picture! It was a large file (97 kb) but downloaded here pretty fast. Think this damn computer is OK now and I'll post some winter scenes soon. Post away Guvner (pictures)! I'll sure look into the Alps printer. Thanks for the info.
Jerry