Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detecting: Relic Database, Documenting Your Finds, Photos Preview

ldhrelics

I'd like to present, hopefully the first of many videos on how to do many of the things I have figured out over the years as it applies to metal detecting.

In this very brief presentation, I will give you a glimpse of my relic database and show you how I go about photographing my finds to be entered into the database. I recorded this impromptu back in November and intended to redo it, but I've decided just to present it as is.

I spent many years caving back before you could go online and buy most of your equipment. In order to explore safely you would often have to make most of your equipment. When I got into metal detecting, it was the same. I didn't know any other metal detectorist, so I basically approached learning everything on my own. I would see a need for something and not being able to find it online or elsewhere, I would often create it myself.

When I first started having success relic hunting and metal detecting in general, I started accumulating a lot of stuff. At first, I was like most, I would keep them in boxes or bags with very little documentation. But I would write down on the bag where each one was found. Very soon after that, I started using handheld GPS units to mark the location of the finds and to keep a running track of where I had been. Later, when the smartphones started hitting the scene, I started using them instead.

You can read more of the description on the video.

I hope you enjoy it.