Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mindlab eldorado

randj

hi new member here can you give me your thoughts on a mindlab Eldorado Mark ll i am new to this and this would be my first dector is this a good dector for a starter and how much would a second hand one be worth

Thanks
Robert

That machine was made in 1990 and primarily for gold nuggets.

Without knowing what you plan on looking for it is difficult to say what is "best" for you. If you plan on looking for gold nuggets the the El Dorado may be an option. Maybe not the best option but I don't know your budget so can't say one way or the other.

If you plan on looking for coins then I would suggest a machine designed for coins. For under $150 you can get a used Garrett Ace 250 which would be a great starter machine to see if you like the hobby. If you feel you like the hobby you can upgrade from there. You would probably recoup almost all of your investment selling the Ace 250 if you decide to upgrade.

Regardless, stick with the major manufacturers (Whites, Fisher, Minelab Garrett, Technetics etc) and look at their entry level machines and you will be fine.

Good luck