Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Convention????

beachguy777

Ok, ok, ok, maybe I'm nuts but I'm on a roll here. I know I'm probably over doin' it, maybe, but you know, this is the first time in a long time I've found a place to actually talk to people, real people that are into the same thing that I'm into. I know people probably loook at us as weirdo's or excentrics or something, but I'm at the point in my life where I don't even care, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.. I hope you know what I mean. I've toned down a lot of the "rebel stuff" over the years, but I'm not gonna give it up completely, I mean, what the heck: if I'm into something that really brings me a thrill, maybe tap into the "inner child" or what ever the heck you want to call it and it doesn't really hurt anyone, What the heck, let's do it and keep em wonderin' i.e. "Hey, do you guys really find any good stuff with that thing"???
OK, enough with the psychological BS. Lets talk conventions here. Wait, don't touch that dial. I'm just playin' with you a little, but I'm serious. Is there or are there any conventions out there for metal detectorists, especially, Minelab Quatro users, or any Minelab people.??? All we need is "Mike" to call Minelab and set it all up.:geek: Mike, all you gotta do is call Minelab and set up a convention where we get free room and board and transportaion. Tell em: "We'll pay for the food". Of course I'm kidding about the freebies, but honestily, I may be on to something here. Maybe we couldn't get free transportation but what about a better rate on hotel rooms at the agreed upon place of the convention. Minelab could sponser the whole thing, they would have a tax rite off and we would have a chance to not only talk to the Minelab guys in person, look at the products, but talke to each other and hopefully have a great time by all. Minelab could sell a lot of products at a convention like that, I believe it because, I've been to other conventions and they sell a lot of stuff. They might even want to bring in other manufacturers that are related to detectiing, i.e. coil manufacturers, scoops, books, etc. You name it. I think it could be done, the only hassell is getting the money together to go, but if there was such a thing set up, we could all save our coins and try and make it to the "gig" so to speak. I hope you're catching my drift here. This could be a beautiful thing, if it was set up right and had enough advertising and time for people to plan for it.

I wonder what the cost of this would be.
Last year and I believe the year before Minelab had a convention right there in Las Vegas for the Minelab dealers across the USA.The dealer were allowed to bring guest too, so you didnt need to be a dealer, but know a dealer going. They were able to get a good rate on Hotels reservations at a very good hotel being they were able to book so many at one time. Many great speakers like Andy Sabisch and Doc plus many more. I didnt go myself as i just could find the time with my work, but believe it was around $250 per person for the 3 days which included room and the main banquet.
I wonder if this was planed 6 month to a year in advanced with reservations what the cost would be and how many they would need to sign up to make it work?

It would be nice to put faces to all these name we see on the forums and also listen to all the treasure storys we all seem to have.

Rick

Thanks for the reply Rick. Well, by golly, I guess they do have some conventions on this stuff and especially Minelab. I'll have to look into that because I live in San Diego, not too far from Vegas. That sounds very cool, and I appreciat you sharing the info on that. I'll call around a bit and see if I can get any info on any possible future events and let you guys know what I find out. Marc Trainor