Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Equinox 900 vs Legend

SeaScene

I am exclusively salt water beaches (black sands included) British Columbia, pacific northwest detecting. Price wise the legend and Equinox 900 suits but wondering which is most suited to beaches. Thanks in advance ....

I’ve had both the 800 and the Legend. so much prefer the Legend that the 800 gone. So the 900 has some feature improvements over the 800, I doubt there’s that much difference to justify the price difference like Sprchng suggested. Personally, I’d add more coils to the Legend and still be less money than the 900.

The legend for $500 is hard to beat, but if you are going to spend over $1000 for the 900 and are truly salt water beach exclusively then just get the minelab excall Ii an actual beach/water detector for the same price.
Hard to outperform a detector made exclusively for a specific purpose, beach, gold prospecting, etc.
Had one 16 years ago and its still offered today with no change except for price.
It is a bit heavier but if thats not a concern then worth looking into

The legend for $500 is hard to beat, but if you are going to spend over $1000 for the 900 and are truly salt water beach exclusively then just get the minelab excall Ii an actual beach/water detector for the same price.
Hard to outperform a detector made exclusively for a specific purpose, beach, gold prospecting, etc.
Had one 16 years ago and its still offered today with no change except for price.
It is a bit heavier but if thats not a concern then worth looking into
Is that garrett ATX, the metal detector you're talking about?

Personally i think their general all purpose detectors are a bit overpriced for what they are but their specialty detectors are pretty good

Interesting about the Legend. I’m thinking about selling my Equinox 800 and getting something else but haven’t decided what detector yet. I’m holding on to my Excalibur which is great in wet saltwater sand and in the water. How does the Nokta do in the water compared to the Excalibur?