Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MINELAB

Wider and deeper. There nothing to be learned from this guy.
JC

This is a fantastic forum. I have absolutely no electronic/techinical background but I rely on pulse induction metal detectors to earn part of my living. I have a historic shipwreck salvage company here in Florida. For over a year now I have monitored Eric's forum and now this new one. I have also corresponded via email with Eric and Bill Crabtree. Their patience and advice is greatly appreciated. This forum is the first in a list of about 8 treasure forums I visit daily (the GPS forum is also awesome, Andrew is the expert there, and GPS relates to my business as well) The amount of knowledge I have gained is tremendous and I now feel like an "educated consumer" in regard to metal detector buying. I am saving up right now for an Aquastar and if it performs well on our shallow water wrecksites I hope to help market the detector to the rest of the Florida treasure salvage community. Regards, Tom Gidus

JC,
I really didn't know that I had offered anything. I will quietly sit here and fiddle. I am winding a coil if you want to know. It should be very low R. I anticipate following Eric's suggestion of mono-coil.I just might use a 709 a la Eric. Is tghat OK with you??
g.

Hi All I think Eric and everybody else hear is exactly at the right technical level, I mean this is not a school to learn electronics from basic as I see it, their is many other places for this. I like the fine balance between the knowledge from some and the more practical experience from others and I think it will help evrybody to rise their levels of knowledge about PI, even if they start from level "0". Mark