Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minimum Length of XP Deus

The Relichunter

Hi All,

First post here. I need a little information on the minimum size that the XP Deus can be collapsed to. I do a lot of relic hunting and most of the time, spend a good bit of my time walking or hiking to some little know site I would like to hunt. Recently I picked up a Minelab CTX 3030 and it works fine, however it isn't practical to pack into a backpack to hike back to some of the places I hunt. From some information I have seen, the XP Deus stem collapses to 23". I have also read it can be further reduced by 2" by dismantling the lower stem. Just wondering if someone has any experience backpacking the XP Deus.

I haven't backpacked with my Deus, but I have traveled with it.
Two very important features for packing of any type.
It's VERY light and it can be collasped to a very small configuration.
When I packed mine I took the lower shaft out and folded the coil flat.
The upper part, because of the arm cuff doesn't lay as flat but doesn't take up much room.
Anyway it all breaks down to something less than 24". I don't have it here by me or I would give exact measurements.
For backpacking the Deus would be the way I would go....
Good Luck

And Welcome to the forum

I use a 24" Rucksack for my Deus leave the coil on and slide the top shaft down to the bottom shaft.
Four pockets in the Rucksack for headphones, control, and pro pointer, takes all of thirty seconds
to set up the machine.

H H.

Les.

I had a CTX-3030 and sold it off to get an XP Deus. The 3030 would definitely not be a hiker friendly machine. I honestly don't think you can buy a better machine then the XP Deus for hiking, biking, etc. It folds up so small without any disassembly, and folds back out and ready to hunt in seconds. Super lightweight, incredible target seperation, and lighting fast recovery. Also...no wires whatsoever to deal with make it incredibly nice to hunt in wooded and overgrowth areas. I have many different machines, each has its strengths and weaknesses...but I do not see ever parting with the XP Deus as it is a very unique machine. I am going to buy their official backpack myself...looks pretty cool.

Good Luck and HH

I got a backpack from Walmart the Deus fits in perfectely even with my shovel and other gear. I like to hike back into the middle of nowhere the Deus is so light that its less tiring. The Deus is a great machine i also have a Blisstool that is awesome. Craig

Firstly, many thanks to all who so kindly responded to this post. You fellows are as lightening fast as these new detectors:)

Just a quicky about me, I have been hunting since 1972 (the TR days) and have well over a ton of relics "literally" from the F&I and Revolutionary Wars and even some from the War of 1812 and Civil War. Relic hunting is my first passion though I do go coin shooting just for grins sometimes.

After giving it a lot of thought, here is the XP Deus package I settled on:
XP Deus with WS5 headphones
Optional WS4 headphones (lightweight so I can hear ambient sounds like a pack of farm dogs, they sure as heck can get mean)
Optional 13" coil

Want to thank Bart for all of his help putting this package together for me. Great guy to work with.

BTW, the CTX 3030 is really a great machine. Just wish Minelab would understand the concept that no matter how well balanced, their machines are way too heavy, and worse, many of us have to pack them on bikes and backpacks. It is a great machine if you can drive to where you want to hunt, then pick it up from the back seat of your car:) but for me, that's 1% of the time if I am lucky. Hear that Minelab??? As a professional electrical engineer myself, you have to get out in the field and test those designs in the real world, I do.

Welcome to the forum Relichunter. the Deus is a great and very lite detector, enjoy!