Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Missouri Battlefield Gives Mixed Bag Of Relics

jimmyk

Spent some quality time with my trusty F 75 SE on a Missouri battlefield. Hunting on private property with land owners permission. Quite a mixed bag, including a modern penny and nickle. Dug two harness buckels, a supender clip, eight shot bullets and what apears to be a carved bullet. The round item in the center begs to be identified. It's 2.25" in diameter, brass on the front and lead lined with iron clips. Can't make out any detail on the front, but with the light just right I imagine I can see a very faint bird, maybe eagle. Any help IDing this item would be appreciated. The brass has the color of dug Civil War brass. Has no detailed lettering , etc. clearly visible. Fun digging artifacts from over 150 years ago.

Thanks for looking and keep on diggin'

jimmyk in MIssouri

Maybe a breastplate? It's the most typical circular brass CW item. They, like belt plates, were pewter-filled brass.

Good finds. What part of MO are you in? I am in the central part of the state.

Edited to include photo. Is this what your artifact looks like? If so, then it is definitely Union breastplate. Awesome rare find!

Mine is plain and smaller than the standard US breast plate. Possibly pre-Civl War?

jimmyk in MIssouri

Nice finds. CCH

Jimmyk,

I live in Missouri, how come you didn't invite me for a come along? :) MAN, those are really NICE finds. Congratulations on doing your homework and finding an excellent site to hunt.

Nestor