Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Modded MXT

Daniel A.

Had this mod done by a fellow in Califoria, three mods actually.

The first mod is an audio boost when turned on the threshold needs to be turned down it also raises the threshold tone frequency to hear weak targets better.

The second mod is a sensitivity boost which increases sensitivity by 25%.
In high mineralization ground it needs to be turned off, this mod also will overload sooner on large targets.

Third is an adjustable tone control, it raises or lowers the tone frequency on threshold and target tone.
[attachment 151431 MXTMOD001.jpg]

[attachment 151432 MXTMOD003.jpg]

[attachment 151433 MXTMOD004.jpg]

Now I have only put three hours in with the mod done but can say the frequency change is great, on the older MXT the sensitivity boost would be much greater.
Noticed hunting the tone change is much sharper. Dan

Really nice mod!!
Can You illustrate with more pictures? Especially of internal parts...:clapping:
I am really interested in boost mode, does it act on coil voltage?
Why it should be greater on older models?
Thank You.

No it does not act on coil voltage.
The older model was not as hot as the MXT 300 gain.

Anybody know if any of these mods are possible on an M6? I'm particularly interested in the audio boost and the sensitivity increase. I would guess the tone mod wouldn't have much use on an M6. Also wondering if the M6 has an internal pot that you could adjust to raise threshold to something you can hear.

Not necessarily. I swung one for two years and when my right shoulder started acting up I went to swinging left and it worked fine (prefer to swing left and dig with my right now) and I was able to still access the controls on top just fine. Now, if you go adding a mod like the one pictured, it probably assumes something of a right-hand bias.

It is like the "Audio Boost " mode on the GM's. It changes the frequency of the tone in addition to boosting the post receive audio. That last effect was an unintended side affect.

Good of you to post ACE love the mods you hooked me up with. Dan

The mods on the MXT .

MXT adjustable Tone Control
The adjustable tone control raises or lowers the tone frequency on threshold and target tone you can increase the frequency by turning on the B tone switch.

MXT audio Boost
The A Boost is an audio boost when you turn it on, you will need to lower the threshold control this also raises the threshold tone frequency.
This helps you hear weak targets better.

MXT Sensitivity Boost
This gives about a 25% boost in sensitivity
The detector will overload sooner on large targets and high mineralized ground if it does just turn it off.
Dan

You are welcome. Gary is truely a MAD SCIENTIST! And I truely wish that he was recognized as such by the manufactures. I would set him up with all he needed if I had the $$$$$$.And soone we would have so real innovation.

Hello everyone.
I wonder if anyone has tried these mods in the field and that such work.
also like to know more information on how he makes contact, a greeting.

Yes inquiring minds would like to know. How well has it performed? Any extra chatter, noise? Has accurate extra depth been achieved.? Is the tone change caused by the wire capacitive ,resistive , or inductive effect??? Too many curious questions. Luv to see the diagrams, or pictures of connections. I will not intrude on your possibly lucrative ventures. I would luv to dig deeper into the effects, and if found stable and not over loading the final drives in the circuit. I would add them myself!. I would also gladly give you any improvements I may discover scoping out your work.
Thank You for any time I may have cost you. Time is learning, or money !!! TM

Had this mod done by a fellow in Califoria, three mods actually.

The first mod is an audio boost when turned on the threshold needs to be turned down it also raises the threshold tone frequency to hear weak targets better.

The second mod is a sensitivity boost which increases sensitivity by 25%.
In high mineralization ground it needs to be turned off, this mod also will overload sooner on large targets.

Third is an adjustable tone control, it raises or lowers the tone frequency on threshold and target tone.
[attachment 151431 MXTMOD001.jpg]

[attachment 151432 MXTMOD003.jpg]

[attachment 151433 MXTMOD004.jpg]

Now I have only put three hours in with the mod done but can say the frequency change is great, on the older MXT the sensitivity boost would be much greater.
Noticed hunting the tone change is much sharper. Dan
Need help unable to click on attachment to see pics with this new web sight dont see pics anywhere except classifieds,,,,,CEDAR