Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Modified Scorpion?

warsawdaddy

Will Garrett ever modify the battery situation on the Scorpion?I had a Scorpion and got rid of it because of the difficulty of changing batteries.This old(75) guy needs something simpliar to do.

Yeah I've been after them forever to revamp and modernize the Scorpion but so far it has fallen on deaf ears. Maybe if this forum gets real popular they will get the message.

Bill

It is an odd set-up, but since they used the same case from the Freedom Ace series, it made sense at the time. I agree it's time for an upgrade to something more modern looking as well as switching to perhaps AA batteries.

Hello! Although I am still new to metal detecting, I am looking for my next machine, maybe for next year. I will want a machine for gold prospecting as well as coins and relic hunting. Since I already have an ACE 250, I would like to remain with Garrett, but the idea of having to practically dismantle the entire machine to change the batteries is a major turn off for me. On top of this, this machine takes 3 X 9 volts batteries. I would rather have a machine that works with AA batteries. AA batteries are the most commonly found batteries in any stores and there are often sales on them. You can readily find AA batteries on sale. You can buy a package of 12 alkaline AA batteries for less than half the price on a single 9 volts alkaline battery.

I only use rechargeable 9 volts and average about 2-3 hunts per charge. Always carry a set of achalines just in case.

Difficulty changing batteriers? Heck no! My kids can do that..... :rofl:

Yeah I always carry alkies for spares when my chargeables crap out. Costco used to have 48 of them for $10.99. Think they still do.

Bill

Yeah as great a machine as it is that is the main pain in the rump with it. I've been afrer Garretr forever to revamp it. But it's a small ptice to pay for a machine that does everything.

Bill

Good to have this new Garrett forum here!

Before I moved to Oregon (just under 2 years ago) I sent Garrett an email about the Scopion being upgraded/updated and there response in email was that "the engineers are considering updating the Scorpion" as far as when they didnt say. So 2 years have passed and maybe a new version will be out soon!

Still a great underrated machine and fun to use in the goldfields.

New version always will be welcome with me...

Hope to get some Scorpion hunts in soon to post here. Stinking weather is nasty.

Alan

Those new Lithium Ion 9volt rechargables and a charging jack installed should ease your pain. This is one mod Garrett should do, if nothing else.

PennyFinder

:garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett: