Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mono coil in Northern Virginia?

Reggie

I have a 4500 GPX and wonder if the soil on Cole's mountain, etc, is too hot for a mono coil to work well? If you use a mono coil on any GPX, which mono coil do you prefer? I'm using the Platypus right now, and it's a DD (waterproof). It works well, but the greater the depth, the more likely I can find deep targets (good or bad) that other detectors cannot reach. Thanks.

Reggie I have used the stock 11 inch mono coil there and it works fine. There is a lot of iron ie. naills and other items you will need to dig everything I am sure you already know that. But it does work. I tried it with my 5000 last year at DIV. Hope this helps.

Yes, Jim, that does help. Thanks for your reply. I was aware that there is no discrimination with the mono. I was wondering how much iron we would find with the mono, especially since my experience with the TDI was finding wayyyy too much iron (nails and pieces of nails) in the fields we hunted. I really don't like digging little pieces of iron.

Did you give up on the mono and go back to the DD after digging lots of iron?

Yes I went back to the DD. There were to many square nails and other small items made of iron. It drove me crazy.

I know that feeling! I might try one on a quiet area where there's nothing else to find but possible deep targets!

Reggie I have a Nugget Finder mono coil that is I think 10X14 that is the deepest coil I have ever used.

Will you be using that "deepest coil" in Northern Virginia? I want to get the deepest targets, but there's only so much digging left in my old body....

Reggie I don't think so I have the 12X15 DD and the 14 inch DD AI. That will be what I will go to when I am not using the stock DD. The 12X15 is deep and I can do iron reject.