Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More air testing my GC-1010.

A

Anonymous

When you're sick at home and it's pouring rain outside, nothing better to do than do air testing.
So, I did some different coin scans and, contrary to what is written on the losttreasure site, noticed that when I move too slow on an object about 8 inches above, it misses the object. If I move a bit faster, it starts to detect an object. A pretty fast swing finally picked up the correct signal and at this speed I also lifted the coil away to 12 inches and still detected the coins correctly.
I used various world coins including US penny, nickel and quarter. All were giving correct signals on the display. I'll have to do this test in the sand once I get out detecting again, and see if this speed is valid there too.
Hey, the sun just popped out! Quick lunch and away, high old silver!
See ya guys.
Fabio.

Get a deep coin signal and practice different swings over that for a more accurate analysis. Air testing on recently buried objects is one thing, but inside a home with electricity running thru the wire nails in the floor is ballpark at best, but does get your favorite detetor in your hand even on a rainy day...