Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More gold...and silver, too!

REVIER

A crummy, rainy morning at my local Jr. college right in my neighborhood and I go here when I want to dig but not travel too far.
A 48-49 signal on my F2 and sniper, I should have realized this would be different than the normal can slaw signal because the numbers only jumped one and not two which is more normal.

Not only was this much better than can slaw but on the way back to the car I swung over an 82 which is a quarter signal on the F2 but that was no quarter...it was silver instead!
A nice religious medal marked sterling and at 5.7 grams the heaviest one I have come across so far.
The ring is a hefty 15.9 grams, my 4th class ring since I got into this hobby, and my 9th gold find for this year.
I set a goal of 12 gold targets for this year, crazy I know, but this is month number 9 and I just might hit that goal yet.

I also broke my Lesche digger because I abuse it so badly and pry up targets that are too heavy or stuck in ground that is too hard but I am sure the company will take care of it because it is only about a year old.

On this hunt the bad thing was bad, but the good things made up for it and I still ended up being very happy.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SROq4kGyYOk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpjgKU3qrKYB57QV5wB3yog[/video]

Must have been a lot of pressure to do that. Did it hurt your wrist when it snapped... I had a much cheaper digger break and my wrist was sore for days from the sudden release when it snapped..

Elton said:
Must have been a lot of pressure to do that. Did it hurt your wrist when it snapped... I had a much cheaper digger break and my wrist was sore for days from the sudden release when it snapped..

No snapping.
I had bent it earlier in the year prying up something big, and evidently weakened it more doing that a few more times.
On this recovery I was prying up something deep again, it felt like it was slowly coming up out of the mud but in reality the blade was slowly bending and I didn't notice.
It got to the point where it just broke nice and easy...and then I was very sad.

RIVIER,, You just stop finding that good stuff. That is not nice of you to rub it in on us. I haven't got gold all month. I wish we would get some rain. the ground here is really hard to dig in. On your digger. I use an old army survival knife that I picked up at a garage sale many years ago. Saw tooth blade and very strong. I enjoyed your movie. Great work.... KEN

ken ward said:
RIVIER,, You just stop finding that good stuff. That is not nice of you to rub it in on us. I haven't got gold all month. I wish we would get some rain. the ground here is really hard to dig in. On your digger. I use an old army survival knife that I picked up at a garage sale many years ago. Saw tooth blade and very strong. I enjoyed your movie. Great work.... KEN

Thanks!
What I need sometimes is a sharpened crowbar.
I need to stop being so lazy when I come across something big an dig more.

Rub it in?
Naw, never.
Just on another lucky streak, that's all.

The area I found these things is actually an old football field that is not used anymore, and there is also a large soccer field here, too.
I believe it might have been used by the college when they opened in the 70's, later on by a high school that is next door but on another property.
Both schools have built much more modern and better facilities that the students can use so I don't think anyone really hangs out here anymore...but they used to.
I don't believe others know about this site or have hunted it before, or if they had they left plenty of stuff behind and I see no evidence of anyone but me hunting it recently.
With all the signals I found around the area of these 2 finds I believe I found the area on the sidelines where students stood and watched the games.
I was chased away from the area by the rain this morning, but I know exactly where it is and I am going back early tomorrow morning.
This might be a little honey hole of jewelry, but we will see.
Stay tuned...there might be more coming...I hope.

I assume you were hunting St Thomas school? :rofl: Man! You are sincerely killing it this year! :surprised: Just outstanding dirt work there! You sweep that big field with that small a coil?
Mud

mudpuppy said:
I assume you were hunting St Thomas school? :rofl: Man! You are sincerely killing it this year! :surprised: Just outstanding dirt work there! You sweep that big field with that small a coil?
Mud

That is the name of the high school that used to use this field but they built better facilities on their own property so those kids don't come over here anymore, I assume.
The area is huge, a full size football field, a full size soccer field that starts past the goalpost area on one end and all the sideline areas where students hung out.
I also know the path the students took from the high school to this field and that is wide and long.

The sniper coil for now looking for concentrated areas of trash and coins and I work these well.
Both targets were in the same area close to each other so I believe I found one of the sideline areas where students stood and watched the games.

Eventually the Vaq and the big DD coil will come with me to search this huge area more efficiently, and also the Compadre to help me find any chains, but right now the Mojo is with the F2 and the sniper coil so I will stick with that...for now.
Am I superstitious...oh yea, a little.
As good as I am with my detectors I am not so foolish to ever discount luck coming into play from time to time...and I have been lucky in the past.