Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Gold

rarysgaard

I believe I have found a 24KT wedding band. I will verify it & take picture & post. I got a solid 86 on Deus Fast reactivity 5. I tested some gold, a gold stater & a gold Guinea in my back yard the other day & it tested 82 & 79-89. I'm wondering is there something wrong with my machine? Why is gold reading consistently so high? Is it because it is pure gold?

Good find. Can't answer the question why it scores so high, but curious how the tone came up. assuming multi tone set up.
24K ring is a bit of an oddity with gold being so soft. If it's legit then you got a real curio there. Congrats.
Question, if gold is reading so high, how is silver and copper reading?

My numbers for silver- I did find a thin silver bracelet that read 82, quarters 94-95, dimes-91-92, nickels-62-64, pennies-85-86-91-92. I forgot to mention I found a 14Kt ring hit at 59, & a 10KT pendant -47. So maybe it's the purity?

I've had gold ring up high before. The more solid rings seem to ring higher. This would make sense as larger gold rings also read higher on my other machines. For example, I have dug several gold rings in the penny/dime range with my Minelabs but they are usually larger rings. How big/thick/heavy is the ring you found?

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is the fact that it rang that high given that it is 24k? I would be suspect of anything that is truly 24k coming in that high. Usually, larger gold rings will hit higher due to the other metals that are mixed with the gold. 24k isn't mixed and so this shouldn't be the case. I am interested in seeing what the ring turns out being but for now, i don't have any better answers/guesses that what I said above.

-Marc

The ring isn't big 4 grams wedding band. It is relatively thick. I will take it to the jeweler tomorrow & check it out. Like I said though the guinea & stater both rang high range & I assume that they are pure gold or close to it.

Pure gold will read higher than alloyed gold ( 24k will read higher than 14 or 18K), but I have never seen a 24k ring. I did find a .999 (3 nines) chain necklass once tho.

Ray the really big rings can hit high.

Question for you, why reactivity so high? You know higher reactivity is a big factor on loosing depth, correct?

reactivity to 5 one its not going depth.
max 3 in polluted soil types Minelab slow swing or worse as a detector static

I had it verified, it is 24KT gold, I know that 5 is high & I lose depth, but I am not looking for depth. I find my rings in 6" or less usually. I have only found 1 ring in 3 years more then 6" & that was with my E-Trac.1 want clear and unblocked signals.