Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Platinum Info.....

AndyNM

It does not store the last settings.
It is lighter and better balanced than an Ace 250 from Garrett.
It think it is the lightest display detector available today.
It does not work with the other bounty hunter coils.
It hits my 9 inches deep buried test dime with a clear signal. That is very good for a detector with an 8" coil.
It is very quiet until it sees a target. Almost scary !
The Platinum was able to hit on small metal that the Ace 250 couldn't even see.
The Platinum can see the difference between the newer style pull tab (read 59 to 60) and a nickel (read 56 to 57).

It is the best Bounty Hunter detector i have used so far. I had fun today finding $ 2.00 in change within an hour testing it at a school.
Can't wait to give it more time tomorrow,

Andy,NM

The 2 weaknesses I find with the 3300 is recovery speed and some falsing in trashy areas. The falsing I experience, I can work with but the recovery problem limits my hunting with it in some areas with more concentrations of trash. Now to all you that have the 3300, I am not putting it down as I still enjoy using it from time to time but Andy I am wondering how this Platinum stacks up against it on these 2 traits. I realize you haven't had it long so let us know when you get in some time with it. Sounds like a new detector not a revamp, if so then this one may be one to watch.
Regards,
HH

The falsing with the Discovery 3300 in trash is jus a GB problem. Try to adjust the GB positive and the falsing should be gone. In trash the best thing to do is to use the 4" bounty hunter coil on the 3300. A large coil in trash sees to many targets at once and that is what the detector tries to display.

Andy,NM

Hey Andy : What do you mean when you say it does not store last setting?Is it like the 3300 which loses settings when using pin point?

It loses the settings if you turn it off and back on.

It keeps the settings after pinpointing.

Andy,NM

Andy: You are comparing a $549.00 detector to a $250.00 detector. How does it compare to the Fisher F4? A $500.00 detector.

Andy: Don't get me wrong. I have been an avid Bounty Hunter fan for many years. I have 6 different size coils for my F4. I just don;t understand the marketing thinking of First Texas. Why not give the metal detector dearlers first shot?

I compared the Platinum to the Ace 250, because the Ace is a good standard for weight (or lack of weight) and value.

From what I've seen so far i would take the Platinum over the F4. Using the same coil (8") the Platinum is about 1.5" to 2" deeper on a coin.
The Platinum uses just one 9 volt battery, the F4 uses two. Well the F4 is $425 with two coils and the Platinum is $549 with one coil.
Yes, the Platinum is in a higher class.

Andy,NM

Hi from Belgium.

A very important question for those who are confronted to electro-plated steel coins, like Aussies and "Europies".

I understand the platinum has a ground balance setting.

Will it work in no-motion all metal only? Or both motion and no-motion??

Thanks.

Andy,
If The Coils are different than the bounty hunters then It would be hard to say when they would ever make other coils for it.I was hoping they were the same as I have some bounty hunter coils...Anyhow Does the ground balance control work in the motion as well as the all metal mode?Preset ground balance in the motion mode dont work very well in my area,that is why the 3300 out performs alot of higher priced detectors in my area.
Thanks Paul