Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ms.Dilek

Carroll/Ohio said:
Will there be any concentric coils for the Racer
Thank You
Dilek has been quite busy, as we have seen, keeping up with Forum activity, especially when things happen that shouldn't' have been a Forum discussion.

Handling the marketing is enough of a challenge for her to deal with, especially with a lot of day-to-day activity.

With issues of late, I think Dilek might err on the side of caution and that means to not mention anything that might be in R&D. As it is, both the Nokta and Makro models have been designed with, and perhaps designed for, the use of Double-D search coil designs. A good engineering team will often investigate several design concepts to see if they might, or might not, be able to engineer a particular detector or coil to work with some existing models.

Most readers, and certainly most of those who know me personally, are well aware that I have been a big fan and supporter of Concentric search coils, so it was as much a shock for them as it was for me to appreciate the detector circuitry design that has provided excellent performance with DD coils.

I believe that other than pressure Dilek to comment, pro-or-con, if a Concentric search coil is something the product design engineers are working on or even considering, the best suggestion I have is to just make a note to Dilek, via e-mail, especially, and let here know this is a search coil design that YOU are interested I and just ask her to pass this topic/desire on to the R&D Engineers to see if it is something they have, are, or will consider designing.

I know that is what I did and suggest anyone do the same.

Monte

"Thank You," Dilek, and that's what I suggested, to just let you know our wants, then ... the engineers can consider it.

Nokta Detectors said:
None in the works but we can consider it in the future should there be a lot of demand for it.
If consumers let you know some specifics, then I'm sure those who know they sizes they might want will be specific.

With the performance the Makro & Nokta detectors are providing me afield with their Double-D search coils, a design that never used to appeal to me, and comparing these detectors and coils against known Concentric coil performing detectors I have relied on for a long time, there is ONLY one size range that would interest me.

For fifty years a Concentric coil in the 6" to 7" size range has been the most effective general-purpose search coil size I have relied on. After using the Racer's 5X10, 7X11 and 13X15 DD coils in a variety of moderately trashy to open and sparse sites, I personally have no immediate interest in a mid-size to larger Concentric coil so, if you're making a list to suggest concepts to the engineering department, put Monte down for a 6" to 7" size Concentric.

I wouldn't mind one, if it can work well with the Racer or FORS CoRe circuitry designs, but right now it seems they have pretty much mastered both the DD coil and detector circuitry design combination. Give the engineering group a 'tip-of-the-hat' for me, if you would.

Monte

Yes, a 6-7" sized concentric would be quite nice and also concentric coil designs seems to combat beer bottlecaps so much better than DD coils.

Not questioning the ability of the D coils I have used then both over the last 48 years but I prefer a concentric for pinpointing since 80% of my detecting is on private occupied property, Stay out of the parks and all the other places that has been hunted to death knock on doors you will be surprised how much silver is in those small yards