Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Multi Kruzer "running time" question.

D&P-OR

How does the auxillary alkaline 4 pack for the MK compare as to running time to the MK built in re-chargeable battery system? (normal hunt time & running at 14 kHz)

I mainly use Alkaline batteries and working the Multi-Kruzer and Racer 2 side-by-side for field evaluation, and both using fresh batteries, they provided comparable run-time. The internal Lithium battery power was considered a 'back-up' as I viewed it, in case the Alkalines died a long and slow walk to my vehicle.

Monte---Yeah, it seemed like the built in batteries went down rather quickly although I never ran them clear down to see what the actual run time was.(have been running in 14 kHz).----Just got curious as to the run time versus alkalines.----If they run comparable to the R2, that's pretty good.------That's a good idea you have running on the alkaline pack with the internal batteries as back up.----Why didn't I think of that!:)-----It should help a little with balance on the MK also shouldn't it (what with the alkalines mounted under the arm cuff.-------Del
Monte said:
I mainly use Alkaline batteries and working the Multi-Kruzer and Racer 2 side-by-side for field evaluation, and both using fresh batteries, they provided comparable run-time. The internal Lithium battery power was considered a 'back-up' as I viewed it, in case the Alkalines died a long and slow walk to my vehicle.

I'm getting about 8 hours run time on the Multi Kruzer. Though I have the AA battery pack, I've never had to resort to using it, so it's just a backup for me. By not using it, I've saved quite a few bucks by just charging prior to each days hunt.

I have the battery pack and tested it but didn't do an in depth test to see how long it would last. I saw some comments that suggested the battery pack was also charging the internal battery?

I was able to get some long days of detecting with the MMK internal battery, easily could detect a 10-12 hour day without worry of no battery. They did a nice job on the add-on battery pack IMO, fits well and well balanced.

Tom Slick said:
I'm getting about 8 hours run time on the Multi Kruzer. Though I have the AA battery pack, I've never had to resort to using it, so it's just a backup for me. By not using it, I've saved quite a few bucks by just charging prior to each days hunt.

I used my MMK for the first time this past weekend and after a 6 hour run, I still had more than half of the battery bars showing. I too have the battery pack but will only use it if the internal charge dies just like what you're doing.