Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

must read (LONG)

A

Anonymous

I told you the story about a Doctor that lost his wedding ring in Marin and called me at Jack's Drugstore and asked if he could hire me to bring my metal detector to his house and help find his platinum wedding ring. I got to the house and within fifteen minutes I found this beautiful ring and he rewarded me with $250.00 CASH!!!
Well here is a better story. This story didn't make me any money but touched my heart, and you can't put a price on that.
My boss at Ione Pharmacy (a man I admire very much) is one of the board of directors for the town Cemetery (that may not be his correct title, he may have a more important title so forgive me John if I am wrong)!
It seems that they had a problem at the Cemetery! Now this Cemetery dates back to the mid 1800 and I have to tell you it is so beautiful in a very eerie way. A family wanted to lay to rest a beloved family member and wanted to put the deceased in the same grave sight of another family member so they could be together forever.
The grave was to be dug up so they could recover the urn and to their dismay the urn was not there! It seemed twenty years ago whoever buried the urn didn't put it in the exact location and for the last twenty years when family came to pay their respects they were looking down at the wrong spot. If they looked to their right and about two feet over bingo!
I kiddingly told my boss that maybe I could find it with my metal detector and he laughed! Not at me, but a laugh in line with how funny that would be (kind of like the TV show CSI).
John was sure they would find this urn that measured about one foot by two. The family was very distraught that the urn was lost and the burial was the next day. Time was running out! I get a call from John and he asks me to drive home and get my DETECTOR and he would meet me back at the store.
So I come back with the detector and three coils, the 5 inch, the 8 inch and the 10.5 inch and my pin-pointer. We drive to the Cemetery, I ground balance and start my hunt and within about five minutes I get a iron signal that repeats both ways! I pin-point and tell them to dig, "you will find it right there at about ten inches". Now they didn't know this but not only did I have my fingers crossed but my toes were crossed and I was praying.
They dig a nice square hole, around 3X3 feet and I hear them say there it is. And I am almost shitting in my pants. They remove it and say "now we have to find the other urn". There were two urns I found out so I put on my 5 inch coil on and right next to the first urn I got a nice reading and say the other one is there, and it was!
To make a very long story short I was amazed how cool it felt to be able to help these people out and turn a nightmare into a time where the family could spend their energy on the loss of a loved one. I never hunted in a Cemetery and to be honest it was really fun and something I will never forget, a top ten moment in my life. Thanks John!

GREAT JOB/GREAT STORY, Lawrenzo. You should feel VERY PROUD of YOURSELF! You were able to end a REAL NIGHTMARE for that family. Again, GREAT JOB! HH, NamvetLesTreasureSeeker