Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mxsport leaked water hunting

jimmy clark

I BOUGHT MY SPORT ONE YEAR AN FOUR MONTHS AGO. I BOUGHT IT USED. IT HAD FOUR MONTHS LEFT ON THE WARRENTY. IT HAD NEVER BEEN IN THE WATER WHEN I BOUGHT IT. I USED IT ALL LAST SUMMER NO PROBLUMS. I TOOK IT OUT MONDAY FOR THE SECOUNT TIME THIS YEAR AN ABOUT AN HOUR INTO THE HUNT IT LEAKED. IT HAD PROBLEY A TABLE SPOON AN A HALF OF WATER IN IT. I TOOK IT APART WHEN I GOT HOME, FILLED THE CONTROL BOX FULL OF RICE AN LET IT SET UNTIL ABOUT ONE THIS AFTERNOON. CLEANED IT UP PUT IT BACK TOGETHER. IT CAME ON AN WORKS BUT THE VOLUME WILL BE NORMAL BUT SOMETIMES IT WILL LOSE SOME VOLUME AN THEN GO BACK TO NORMAL. I BELIEVED IT LEAKED FROM THE SPEAKER PORT. IVE BEEN TOLD NOT TO BUY A DETECTOR THAT HAS ALL THE LOOKS OF A LAND MACHINE LIKE A BUILT IN SPEAKER, AN METER, ETC. I STILL HAVE MY TRUSTY TIGER SHARK THAT IVE USED FOR 18 YEARS, AN THE ONLY TROUBLE IVE HAD IS I HAD TO REPLACE THE COIL TWICE. I PROBLEY CAN USE IT FOR LAND HUNTING, OR SELL IT AN TAKE A BIG LOSS. ANYWAY MY POINT IS iTS A SHAME WHITES IS OUT OF BUSNESS. IF THEY WERE NOT PROBLEY I COULD GET IT BACK IN THE WATER WITHING TAKING A BIG LOSS ON IT. I KNOW ABOUT THE REPAIR SHOP IN CENTREVILLE OR.

Hi. Sorry to hear that, but the Sport was known for that issue on some units. The idea with the rice was nice, but you have to wait a longer time. Warming up will help a lot. If it was my detector I'd lay it into the sun for a few hours with the housing opened so the moisture can get out unhindered. Or you can give it into the stove using ~130°F and the door not fully closed, no air circulaiton. But I think your best choice will be a white's repair center.
Whatever, hope it works out for you. Good luck.
BTW, why shouting all the time??