Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mxt ! cant what till it arivs.

That's what I use, and I love it!!
I have used many different detectors, and for me it's the MXT all the way.

Best of Luck, Jeff

Here is how I use my MXT:
I switch to Relic Mode, and then I turn the Discrimination up just enough to eliminate iron. Then, when I hit a high tone, which means non-ferrous, then I use the pinpoint to see approximately how big the object is, then if I determine that it is a reasonably small item, I dig it up. This is how to find the treasure that others left behind. For example, when other people with high-end detectors crank up the discrimination and just

A similar digger is available commercially:
http://www.informulation.on.ca/A55770/cts.nsf/(AllByID)/154BAB46AAFC88FC86256D35004D4D5B!OpenDocument

EC

WOW! Thats some diging tool! sounds good. i will have to ckeckit out. is it heavy to hallaround ?

priscilla

The weight makes it cut through the ground like butter. The commercial ones are to weak, and I have broke several of them.

Happy hunting, Jeff

I just sent Alfanso a drawing of a small shovel for him to fabricate this week. Seems to be a heck of a nice guy. For a piece of equipment custom made to your spec, or his own design experience, you can't beat what he charges. Since they're heavy duty, I opted for a smaller head with one serrated edge for roots. As a matter of fact, he sent me a picture of yours as one of the examples of his work.

Looking forward to getting it dirty.

He is a super trustworthy guy. I could not have more happy with the shovel he made for me. I am ordering a smaller digging knife from him, and he is in the process of making it for me. It is a custom design, and it should be awesome. Also, you know when Alfonso makes it, it won't break.
I drew a picture of what I was considering to have made for me, and believe me it was no technical drawing. In fact, to illustrate what I wanted, I used stick-men drawing. HEHEHE. When I spoke with Alfonso on the phone, he said, yea we can do that. Then, he gave me some suggestions based on his knowledge, and now it is being made.
The shovel that he already made for me, the one in the previous picture, is absolutely fantastic, but there will be a time and place for it. I will use it when I am in very isolated area and I can rip some ground up, and put the ground back of course. The digging knife I have being made will fit nicely into my pouch, and will probably be used the majority of the time. But this shovel I have is a very impressive work of art, and I can not emphasize enough just how strong this thing is. If I can help, I will never use a mass produced commercial product again, they just don't "cut it".

Check out this picture of a super plug digger Alfonso makes.

Wow! I see your in NY. Alphonso is in NJ. I'm way the heck over here in MI (Michigan). Thank goodness we are having a very mild winter, knock-on-wood.

n/t

That looks like a really great digging tool. It appears to have the strength and leverage to make digging much easier. Using this tool in hard un-landscaped ground seems appropriate. It may even be possible, with practice, to dig and replace plugs using this tool that are almost undetectable then re-tamped.

However, perceptions of the general public and public officials generate laws, ordinances, and regulations. It seldom matters whether those perceptions are right or wrong.

When a tool like this is seen on public land, parks, school grounds, etc., most people

Well said, and true. I have a 2" x 6" curved blade bulb trowel I use "where it shows". When I'm in the woods around stone walls and foundations I drag the "big guns". Even then, it's just a rustled spot in the leaves when I exit the area. Can't tell the difference in where the real turkeys have been from this one. :crazy: Levering out a square plug is sometimes less destructive than starting with a little hole and proceeding to open it up. Mine is only 4" wide with a 10" blade. One push on each side of the pinpointed spot takes me to full depth.

You do not want to show up somewhere to ask for permission to detect with a shovel over your shoulder, I promise you.

I don't want to upset folks, or let them know where I might want to come back to, either. ;)

This is not a tool to be using in public, it will ban hunting in your area real fast.